Maybe I'd never know.

Or maybe it was both.

The pajamas were just a pair of light blue sweatpants. The color reminded me of the Arctic almost. An icy blue. Then a white short sleeve shirt. It was comforting and appreciated that he cared to get me clothes.

They fit me well, but it's expected that someone who is able to sew and mend clothes is also able to predict someone's sizing. I wondered if he made clothes sometimes.

I shook my head in an attempt to snap me out of my thoughts. I went downstairs now dressed to finish getting ready for bed. I also grabbed my scythe so it could remain in my room.

By the time I went to bed I was utterly exhausted. By the second my head hit the pillow I was out.

I woke up in the middle of the night as usual. My body shooting up as I broke out into a cold sweat. These instances had plagued me for awhile. Though usually back at the kingdom I had Tech to help me.

"Goddamn nightmares." I muttered to myself. The dark of the room mixed with the still air wasn't helping. The worst part was that I was almost always unable to even remember what my nightmare was about. This room was suffocating.

I decided I needed to leave the room momentarily so I reluctantly left the warmth of my covers. I walked out unlocking the door and the soft click sounded once more.

I walked downstairs skipping the second step to stop the loud creak. But I found Eret in the living room staring at the fire. It had to be four am. Why was he up?

I walked over and tapped his shoulder from behind the couch. His whole body racked with shivers and he snapped around with a small yell. I almost laughed. I had accidentally scared the man. An amused smile played on my lips.

"You scared me." He said with a light laugh. His body quickly relaxed after the scare and he leaned back against the couch.

"Why are you up?" I asked curiously. I mean, it wasn't normal behavior.

"Nightmare." He sighed running a hand through his hair. He crossed his legs and I noticed his tired expression.

"You?" He asked returning my prying question. It was only fair to be honest.

"Same as you." I sadly smiled as I spoke. He patted the couch next to him and I took the seat. I pulled my knees to my stomach.

I found myself enjoying moments like this. He was definitely a friend I've decided.

"Thanks for the clothes by the way." I muttered breaking the silence that had formed previously. I saw his tired expression turn happy.

"Ah! I'm glad they fit. I had assumed what your size was from the clothes I fixed up for you." He patted my shoulder after he spoke. He was definitely touchy is one thing I've observed. Almost the definition of a friendly giant. This tall deep voiced man being so kind was out of character.

I nodded and watched the fire currently burning in the fireplace. The orange was illuminating the living room and I watched as the dangerous flames licked at the air. The oranges intermingling with the brick and wood surrounding them. I've always liked fire.

Maybe that wasn't such a good thing.

"Nightmares can fucking burn." I suddenly blurted angry at my own mind. Eret apparently found this funny since he laughed at my words.

"Yeah I can't argue that statement." He added with a shrug. I looked up at him and found he was a bit more disheveled than usual. Most likely because he probably just woke up. I probably was just as unkempt looking as him, but I didn't even want to know.