My sons best Friend

My wife died a few years ago from a nuclear attack on a city she was visiting. That left just my son and I to live together. We lived in a pretty secluded area. Nobody really talked to each other, and because the area was so unfriendly, I had to bring my kid to school, which was only two minutes away walking distance.

Now, my son had a horrible first few days at school. Nobody talked to him and some even bullied him. Eventually my son got really lonely and wanted a friend.

"Daddy, I just want a friend! What do I have to do?" He cried.

"Well...maybe...make an imaginary friend!" I replied.

I explained to him how to do it, and sure enough the next day, my son came home laughing about his new imaginary friend brought him to wonderful places and how he was the best person ever.

For the first time in a long while, I smiled. My son was finally happy. That made me happy.

For the next few months my son would come home talking about the amazing things he and his friend did together. He told me how they went for walks in the woods together, how they had tea parties, how they played video games together, and all the wonderful things kids do.

The next day I dropped my son off at school, and watched him skip to the school instead of the first few days where he walked slowly and solemnly. As I drove to my work, I realized I forgot my wallet.

"Damn!" I muttered to myself.

I had to drive all the way back home, and to my dismay, my wallet wasn't there. I walked out of the house, when a very old man in a trench coat came walking up to me. He had my wallet in his hand.

"Excuse me sir, you dropped this while you were walking to your car." He smiled.

"What?"

"Yes, I was just on my daily walk. I tried to tell you but you were long gone by the time I had the chance."

"Well...thank you very much sir. Would you like me to go make you a coffee, or a tea maybe?"

"Oh no...no, no, no. I have to meet someone, they'll be very upset if I don't get to them."

Before I could say a word, he wobbled off. Nice man I thought to myself as I drove to work.

I picked up my son that day, and he was just as happy about his imaginary friend as ever. He talked the whole way home about how he helped him with his homework, they watched movies together, and how they were pulling pranks on the kids who bullied them.

The next day, things started to get strange. My son got home, and to my surprise, said "The bullies were making fun of me, then my friend beat them up!" What he handed me was disturbing.

It was a newspaper. The headline was "Two kids found dead near school."

"It is our biggest regret to report that two kids have died from an unknown cause near the local school. 'My friend and I were walking, and we just saw the bodies!' One child says. We'll keep you posted on the story."

I told my son how that was bad, and how his friend didn't kill the kids.

"Okay, I'll tell him that!" My son said.

The next day, things got worse.

"Daddy, my friend says that he hates me now, and that he never wants to be friends again."

"I'm sure if you talk it out with him, he'll be better."

And the next day, my son wasn't in the parking lot. I asked one of the teachers what happened, and she said that he was absent. My son didn't come home that day. I called the police and ordered a search.

For days and days, nothing happened. When finally, the police knocked on my door. Their hats were off.

"I'm sorry." One of the cops said.

He handed me a newspaper.

"Local kid found dead in woods: Murdered." The headline read.

"A kid has been found dead in the woods. The suspect has been apprehended, and was responsible for the previous two murders. A note beside the kid read 'My friends meet their ends.' Police scanned fingerprints on the paper and matched them up to this man."

And below the headline was a photo.

Of my kid's "Imaginary" friend.

It was the old man.

Posted by u/InsertThyName

Creepy true story's from RedditOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara