My daughter is alive

In deep winter, My wife and I got a call about our daughters recent murder from the police department. A woman claiming to be her picks up the phone. We act surprised but deep down we know. This wasn't her. Because we are the ones who killed her. I was the one who put the bullet in between her eyes, watching her soul leave this plane of existence. We hung up the phone to go to the backyard. To a shallow grave of a young woman we thought had passed. There was no coffin. As we filled the hole back up, There was a slight coughing and wheezing. Almost as if a person with a fever was among us. I asked my wife if she heard anything and she said no. I played it off as my imagination. But day by day. Night by night these sounds grew worse. It became unbearable, from coughs and sneezing to the very gunshot from my .44. I played it off as long as I could but I couldn't. As i went into the bathroom to do my morning routine. I took a star nosed screwdriver and jammed it in my ear. With the other hand i had a small spoon to gouge out any pieces of my ear canal. Slight pops and cracks and... silence. Finally, no more of the irritating noises. To look up from the bloody sink was my fault. I saw my wife's head mangled and decrepit. Next to her was the very gun I used to shoot my daughter. Spelt in my wife's blood "You brought this to yourself". I decided in the last ditch effort to look to my gun. It was loaded with 1 round. The only way out, was in between the eyes. I looked myself in the mirror as i did so. The last thing i saw as the flash from the barrel was seen. Was my wife and daughter in the doorway. Shocked as to why i would do this. As my soul left my body all I could think was "Was this all a dream or a hallucination?"

Posted by u/Killakillin