Tinder date from hell

I was up late last night watching TV when my cellphone rings. It was my friend maria asking for a ride. I was confused at first because she has a car. ( Maria is 30 year old female .

Story:

She starts explaining to me that she met this guy on tinder. (Good looking 35 year old). They have decided to meet at a nigh club. Maria took a uber because was planning to drink and also the guy said he would drive her home.

Anyways... it's a Saturday night pass 10pm. She gets there first and eventually he arrives. ( let's call him rob). So maria and rob have a good connection. They dance and flirt a little. He doesn't drink because he's her ride home.

Around 12:30 am maria and Rob decide to call it a night. They get in his car and he starts driving. Maria gives him directions to her house which is a couple cities away. He tells her that he wants to take her to this nice view area. She agrees not thinking much. After like 20 minutes she realized that they been driving a lot and that there's not much around. So she realizes that he's taking her to a remote area.... by the way my friend is a very paranoid person and she's really into those murder shows.... anyways she spots a gas station and tells him she needs to use the bathroom. He seems annoyed but takes her anyway. ( she doesn't really need to use the bathroom).

He parked the car and gets down too. He said he's buying some cigarettes. As there walking he grabs her butt chick and squeezes hard and whispered to her ear ... ( I'm gonna hit it so hard tonight).

Note: Keep in mind that the gas station is closed, it's only a older guy at the window.

Phone conversation between me and her:

She gets inside the bathroom and that's where she calls me from. She sounds scared and I felt nervous for her safety. She begged me to go pick her up. I tell her to call police but she refused. She's whispering to the phone and telling me that she has no clue where they are. I tell her to click on maps on her I phone and that it would tell her the location. She tells me she's 1 hr away from home. She also tells me that there's nothing but green around her on the map. Which indicates just trees and hills. She snapped a picture of google maps and sent it to me. I tell her to stay in the bathroom and that I'm on my way. Suddenly I hear in the background the guy. She tells me he wants to use the bathroom too. She tells me to hold on. I hear the door open and he tells her to wait outside while he does his business. I hear a door slam and footsteps right after. Out of breath she starts talking to me. She said she's running away. She's on the side of the road running the direction they came from. I tell her to hide behind the trees. ( I'm already driving there). After like 10 minutes she tells me she can hear a car. She hides behind some trees and tells me it's him. The car has its lights off and is driving by slow. At this point she's starts asking me what to do. I tell her she needs to call police. She doesn't listen. I don't know why but she starts going back to the gas station. She tells me she has low battery. So we agreed that she was gonna hang up and that I'll be calling her when I'm near by.

I'm finally in the area. After like 45 minutes on the road. I spot a car with a guy inside and immediately I realized who it was. I avoided eye contact because I didn't want to look suspicious. I call my friend to which she answered right away. I tell her I'm only like 2 minutes away. I tell her I spotted the guy and that his probably looking for her. I tell her I'm gonna pretend to pump gas. She tells me she's hiding behind some trees across the gas station. I tell her to stay there. I tell her he will probably come back to see what I'm doing. I have my ear piece on and hoodie. I'm trying to avoid any attention that I'm talking to someone. I don't know why but I knew this guy was gonna follow me back to the station. As I'm standing outside my car pretending to pump he pulled in.

I immediately get nervous. He parked in the back close to the bathroom. My friend said she saw him too. She said she's able to make a run tours my car without being seen. I tell her to go for it. I see her running tours my car. Wearing a short dress and with heels in hand. I keep my eyes on him without making it obvious. He goes inside the bathroom and closes the door. I let her know to run even faster now. She jumps in the back seat and lays on the floor.

I jumped in the front seat and pulled out at normal speed to not bring any attention. I hear my friend behind me trying to catch her breath. As she keeps saying, thank you. I tell her its gonna be okay. After like 10 minutes she seats up. Tells me how he was calling her like crazy while on the phone with me. She blocked him and we called it a night. We get home safe without any car following behind.

Today is the next day. She called me this morning while at work and told me he knows where she works. Apparently the phone rang and when she answered there's was just silence. She tells me she's convinced it's him.... ( yes she told him where she works). She asked if I could go pass by the parking lot and see if he's there. I told my boyfriend about last night and he agreed to come with me. Also I don't want to drive my car and be recognized.

I'm driving to her work place as I'm typing this. I'll keep you updated if anything happens.

Lesson here is don't trust all those guys or girls on tinder or dating apps...

Typing from phone please excuse any errors.

Posted by u/ diana_puma