Why did I go searching for a Skinwalker

My name is Paul Johnson (fake name to keep privacy) and I live in a small town up north in Canada.

My towns name is Rosewood and the population is around 7,400-ish and it is one of the most beautiful towns you'll ever see! My town has a freshwater river and a waterfall, it has hundreds of wooded forests surrounding it, I truly love my town but it also horrifies me! My town is that town you come to live in if you are retired or don't like to be surrounded by many folks.

So the thing that terrifies me of my town is that every night we hear screams from the forests and whoever goes to investigate never comes back! On fourth of the population of my town is Native American and they say it is a 'Skinwalker', I done some research about 'Skinwalkers' and I wanted to go into the woods to see if this mystical, horrifying creature is real. Oh how I regret going so much, I really do.

So it was a Friday night and I told my friends what I was gonna do, they all thought I was so brave to go, and my fifteen-year-old self fed in those bravery comments. My best friends, Adam, Alo and Chayton (my friend's names are fake too to keep their privacy too) decided to come. They said to their parents that they are having a sleepover at mine. My friends came around 6:00 pm and we watched survival videos on YouTube and also stories about skinwalkers. The time came, it was 9:00 pm and the night was dark but the full moon was casting a lot of pure light. We sneaked out of my bedroom through the window (my bedroom is on the first floor) and opened my front wooded gate and left for the woods.

Alo was wearing full hiking clothes, he had cargo pants with different tools we might need to survive just in case we got lost and he wore a military style belt to keep his pants up as some of our 'survival necessaries' were pulling his pants down! We laughed at that. Adam had a bag with him and told Alo to put some of our necessaries in his bag and he did. While I and Chayton wore normal clothes. Adam and Alo, we supposed 'survival experts' that is why they were wearing hiking clothes.

We hiked in the forest for a good hour and we started to get bored because we weren't finding a Skinwalker. While we kept on walking on the dirt trail, Chayton told us to stop and be quiet. And so we did. He said 'listen there is absolutely no sound of birds, leaves blowing, crickets chirping' and we then remembered in the Skinwalker videos that everything goes quiet before it comes for you. Alo started to get scared and said 'guys I don't think this is a good idea anymore' then Adam said sarcastically 'stop moaning like a baby', Alo then became quiet.

All of a sudden we heard a branch snap and a low, deep, angry growl. We all looked at the direction it was coming from and we saw a pair of blood as red as Melisande's dress in GOT. Alo started running back the way we came from and we all followed after him. Adam kept on saying 'I knew I should've not come, I knew it!' but I was terrified but also fascinated that these used to be witch doctors are now demon creatures from hell! I was, of course, the last running as I am not athletic and I kept on hearing growls and grunts right behind me.

At one point I felt the skinwalkers damp, warm air on the back of my neck! That made me run even faster. Suddenly I tripped over a stone, a fucking stone and fell to the ground! I started to cried and yelled for the creature to release its strong grip off my leg. I pleaded, I cried and prayed to God to help me. I cried and said to myself 'this is how I'm going to die' until I heard the creature scream with agony and pain as it let go of my leg and I saw that Chayton stabbed it in its hip with a pocket knife. Adam rushed to me and picked me up while Alo was still running back the way we came.

Once I got up Adam, Chayton and I ran as fast as lighting. You could hear the creature cry and scream with pain! I looked behind me and looked straight at it, in its eyes and I saw a bit of humanity in it. I felt bad, I truly did but then my angry thoughts came in and said that it tried to harm you or even kill you so it got what is deserved.

We finally reached the entrance of the forest and saw Alo there crying and saying that he is sorry that he ran off, we forgave him and went back to my place. My Adrenalin rush was so powerful that I didn't even notice or feel that my leg was bleeding. So I went to the bathroom and took a shower to clean myself, cleaned my wound and put medical tape over it, as my bathroom had a medical kit in it. After I finished in the bathroom my friends took turns and showered and healed their wounds too.

We then talked about what happened with the Skinwalker and vowed not to tell anyone. But here I am a week later and writing what happened to my friends and me on Reddit!

Posted by u/AlexWritesStories