The Scary Lady that Appears when I have Sleep Paralysis

A few months ago I was staying over at my boyfriend's apartment and we fell asleep pretty late after watching TV. I usually sleep on my side but on this particular night I fell asleep on my back which never happens. I have sleep paralysis fairly often, maybe once or twice a month. Usually my eyes are closed and I'll know I'm awake but I just can't move. I'll just fall back asleep and hope to wake up regularly. On this night, I opened my eyes and realized I couldn't move. I wasn't scared at first, as I could feel my boyfriends arm laid over my body comfortably. But, suddenly my eyes moved to the door. A dark shadow figure began to move slowly from the door and across the room. I began breathing very fast and I felt as though my heart was beating so loud it would wake up my sleeping boyfriend. The figure made its way around the room to my side of the bed. I began to make out its features. It was a woman that looked like she was from another time. The sixties maybe? She wore a pink dress, Jackie Kennedy style. Her hair was dark and in a low bun. As she came closer, I noticed she didn't have a face...it was like it was only a skull. She got so close to me I started to panic. I tried to scream and get my boyfriend to wake me up. Only whispers escaped and unfortunately my boyfriend is a heavy sleeper. Suddenly, the shadow figure began whispering back at me, mocking me in my failed attempts to alert my boyfriend. She got closer and closer to me and I stared deep into her empty eye sockets. I noticed I could start to feel my fingers on my left hand. I tried to start moving my arm and when I could barely feel my forearm, I began thrashing it around. The figure, whilst mocking me, began hitting me as I was hitting it back. I screamed at the top of my lungs and it screamed back at me. I sat straight up in bed and screamed when I finally could move. I noticed my arm was aching. My boyfriend woke up finally and comforted me. I couldn't fall back asleep, and I had to sit up all night. It was the most eerie I had ever felt. I had to keep the light on for the rest of the night, to the dismay of my boyfriend. I was cradling my arm when I noticed the red marks appearing.

Later that day, I was on the phone with my mom on the way home from my boyfriends apartment. It's about an hour drive, a drive I make very frequently. I told my mom about my scary experience. She didn't react how I had expected her to. She became silent for a while and suddenly brushed it off and told me it was just a dream. I brushed it off too, and turned my music up loudly for the rest of the drive. I was five minutes from home when I got in the accident. Nobody was hurt, and seemly only my car was really in disrepair. My mom picked me up and had the weirdest mood for the rest of the day. I haven't asked her about it since.

Since that day, I've only seen the lady twice. On those days after I see her, I have awful, unlucky days. I haven't seen her in a couple months, and I know I'm due for another visit.

Posted by u/jackierl