Ghost or intruder outside of my window

I was about 15 at the time and I live in a relatively new house that I grew up in. I had my own room which was closest to my neighbours (That house was very old ) and I had a huge window/sliding door that covered the entire wall. I often had shades or curtains covering them but one night I accidentally left the shades slightly open. My bed stood next to the window meaning I hear most things that happened on the outside deck.

One night I had a weird and creepy feeling when I was trying to sleep, like I was being watched but I just shook it off as paranoia. Just as I was about to doze off, I hear light footsteps outside of my window then it suddenly stopped outside of my window. I looked at the clock opposite from me and it showed midnight exactly. I was so scared I just stayed still and pretended to sleep. It sounded so real and I was definitely not dreaming it was similar to the sound of wood creaking when someone walks over it except it stopped at my window. I pretended to sleep for a while before I got the courage to turn on my light. I turned on my lights and I showed my flashlight out into the dark. I looked out but nothing was there. My heart was still racing and I still had the weirdest feeling. At that point I just assumed that I was crazy and went back to sleep. An hour later the slam of the backdoor of my house that stays locked ALL OF THE TIME slammed closed. I have never been so scared in my life. I ended up walking out to my kitchen and to a window that faces that door. There was nothing there .

The next morning there were no signs that there was anything there and my parents didn't hear anything but there was definitely something that happened.

Posted by u/MuffinCica