They came knocking

OK so this all happened over the course of 2 or 3 weeks back in my 8th grade year. I had been home-schooled from my 3rd grade year to my 8th grade year. This didn't mean that I didn't know, and play with all my friends in the neighborhood. This being said I knew everyone in town who might pull some kind of prank, and I was close enough with them that I knew when they were lying.

One night in the fall (September I think) I woke up in my bed and rolled over just in time to see my alarm clock turn from 2:59 to 3. I didn't think anything of it and got out of bed to go to the bathroom. On the way I stubbed my tow and tripped over a weights bar on the floor. This is important because after everything happened this showed me I wasnt dreaming because I was in physical pain. So I went into the bathroom and did my business and went into my kitchen to get a drink. In my kitchen I have a bird window, the kind that is like a two way mirror, during the day you can see out and the outside cant see in and vice versa at night.

I went into my kitchen to get a drink so I opened my fridge and got out a water bottle and started to drink it. At about this time some quiet taps started coming from the bird window. This is normal during the day because birds will peck at their reflections. But at night there shouldn't be birds at the window. I shrugged it off and kept drinking. I turned my back and started walking back to my room when a huge bang on the side of the house happened. I was absolutely terrified at this point but decided to grow some balls and turn around. The banging and tapping stopped. So after standing there staring for a while I turned around again and started heading off for bed. That's when whoever or whatever this thing was got really pissed off. The banging got so loud I thought it would wake my whole family up. I was annoyed at this point more than scared because I wanted to sleep. So I turned around and made an angry gesture towards the window. It got quiet for a second. Then all of a sudden the backdoor handle started to jiggle violently. My first thought was "its locked bothering can get in" so I turned around and went to bed. Right as I was about to doze off in my bed I heard 3 taps on my window.

Posted by u/lilsausagefloater