Chapter 57: Chrome's Parents

DAY 213

"please accept and forgive them...Chrome" I muttered.

'kufufu! I'll help you make your wish come true' I heard Mukuro in my head.

I looked at him...meters away from me. He was grinning at me. What the?!

Mukuro made an illusion. He doubled himself. One is with Chrome and her parents, the other is with me.

"oi, what did you?" I demanded.

"kufufu! I am way ahead of you, Jewel. I told Chrome to forgive them while you were waiting for the illusionary space to disperse" he laughed.

I punched him. "tch! If you weren't just an illusion, that'll hurt a lot!" I yelled.

"kufufufu! I told you, I'm way ahead of you" he smirked. I stuck out my tongue at him. "bleh!"

·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·+·

Then...Chrome, her parents and Mukuro went to a hotel. A hotel where her parents are staying for now.

I followed. Mukuro hid my pressence by making mist flames surround me. Chrome also used her flames.

Yeah...she knows. And I am here to help her!

"Nagi, who is this man?" her mom said. She sounds strict.

"Mukuro, don't do your laugh or else!" I threatened. I brought out my sword and engulfed it with white flames.

"I am her...boyfriend" he replied.

I am her...boyfriend. Those words echoed in my head. He is telling the truth.

I almost fainted. Go 6996! 6996 forever! Whoooo!

Then, Chrome's mother looked at Chrome. Her eyes was fixed on Chrome.

"Nagi...you've changed" she said.

"Nagi is no longer her name. She is Chrome. Chrome Dukuro" Mukuro stated.

"Chrome Dukuro? No wonder" her mother spread opened her fan.

"hm? What 'no wonder'?" I said. Pssh! Her parents won't hear me anyway...nor see me.

"we've been searching for you...Chrome. We used your name, Nagi. To find out you've changed it, no wonder they can't find you" her mother said, sighing.

"Also, you changed your hairstyle. Not only that, your eye. You have an eyepatch" her father continued.

You want me to describe her parents? Easy!

Her mom has long violet hair. It's curly at the end. She looks young. Fair skin and tall. Has a fierce aura.

Her dad has black wavy hair. Young also. Tall, taller than his wife, of course. Fair skin also. What aura...I don't know, he didn't talk that much.

"mom, dad, why are you looking for me?" Chrome asked.

"hmp. Your low voice hasn't changed" her mother said as she closed her fan and opened it again. Psssh!

"We were looking for you because..."

What? For money? For more fame? Has an arranged marriage? Wants her back because you want someone to do housework? What? What is it? Huh?!

If your reasons are for selfishness, I'll change my decision. Also, don't lie, I can read lies. I eyed the two.

"because..." her mother couldn't continue.

What huh?! Too ashamed because Mukuro is here?!

"I want to say sorry!" her mother yelled.

"eh?" I said.

"eeeeehhhh?!!!" Wtf? She apologised?!

Chrome and Mukuro looked at me. They were confused.

"gome..." I said as I scratch my cheek.

"you see..." she looks bitter.

Okay...maybe I was a bit harsh...Okay...

"I'm sorry..." I muttered. This person is different from what I expected.

Then, Chrome's father placed his arm over his wife. "dear..." he said.

"no, I will say it!" Chrome's mom replied.

She looked at Chrome...at her eyes. Eye-to-eye...

An image flashed before me...eh? What?

I looked at Chrome. No...

"Chrome!-" I was about to cover her ear but her mother already spoke.

"you see...I no longer can live in this world" she said it.

As if...time stopped. I was too late. I couldn't protect Chrome.

I looked at her. A tear fell from her eye.

"mom?...What?" she said, in disbelief.

Mukuro held her hand. From my view, it was a tight grip.

"I...have cancer..." she admitted and started crying.

"the reason why I can't give you one of my kidney is because..." she sobbed. "is because I have kidney cancer" she covered her face.

"...m-mom?..." Chrome is at shock.

I knelt infront of Chrome. I don't know...I started crying...I feel...sorry for her...

"Chrome...you can leave if you want..." I said as my tears fell from my cheek.

"you do not want to hear the next upcoming sentences..." I said.

"please..." I begged. The next sentences will hurt...a lot...

"Chrome...please! While it's not too late!" I begged infront of her.

I don't want Chrome to be sad. To be depressed...to be broken...

I looked at Mukuro. "Mukuro! Help me!" I yelled.

He just looked down. "If I did...even if I wanted too...Chrome won't like it..." he muttered.

No...it's too late...

"Also...the reason why your dad can't give you his...is because...he gave one to me..." her mother said.

Every word is hurting Chrome...No! No! No! I don't want my friend to feel sadness! Especially about family!

"it means...your dad...has one kidney and one fake..." she stated.

"and...your dad's kidney in me...it stopped..." she cried.

"I am sad to say...both me and your dad...are gonna die sooner or later..." she faintly smiled.

It snapped me. I don't want my friend to be broken.

I walk pass through Mukuro and whispered something. Then, I left the room.

Chrome's POV

Mom?...Dad?...Your leaving?...

What?...

Jewel left. She left us in this room.

"so...I'm here...to apologise...and so we can spend time together...as a family" mom smiled.

"mo-" I was about to speak but the door opened.

I looked behind and saw...Jewel? The mist surrounding her disappeared.

"who are you?! What are you doing here?!" dad yelled

"I am a friend of your daughter...Nagi...or so I say, Chrome. And..." Jewel clenched her fist.

"and I am here to cure you" she stated.

"Jewel...sama?" I said.