Chapter 23: Water Phoenix and Fear

DAY 56

I lot has happened. A lot of crazy stuff happened. Varia came to visit a week ago and my thank goodness! No one was killed.

Squalo and I fought with our swords. I became stronger of course. My sword, it won't brake, shatter, or crumble, thanks to rocky.

I also lasted a lot more than before. Unlike before, I fainted quickly. Now, I have more stamina! Thanks to Natura.

Who won? No one. Xanxus went berzerk and started aiming at everyone.

Why he got berzerk? No one served him steak for a day. Just because of steak, we didn't continue the battle. Xanxus also won't eat steak as long as it's the expensive, juicy, tender and delicious one.

So now, I'm giving Xanxus he's damn steak! He's favorite! Oh, I hope it's worth it for interupting our battle!

And now, I'm almost near him then....white. Plain white. My surroundings are plain white.

"pft!" I held in my laughter. "ahahaha!" I finally laughed.

"Poor Xanxus! His precious steak now is probably at the cold, hard floor! Ahahaha!" I laughed.

Tsuna's POV

Jewel was serving Xanxus his steak. My heart ached again. Then, when she was already near him, poof! She's gone.

Xanxus' much awaited steak fell to the floor. "pft!" I tried not to laugh.

"WHERE DID THE SCUM GO?!!!" Xanxus yelled. All hell broke loose.

Jewel's POV

"ahahaha!" I'm still laughing hard. I didn't even notice that I was in a realm until-

KRYAAAAAAA!

I heard a very loud and long screech. It doesn't sound like a dragon to me. Then I heard a flapping of wings and I opened my eyes.

A blue phoenix with blue flames appeared.

"uh.......nice to meet you?" I said.

"hello Jewel, or so I say, Leggendia" the blue phoenix said. A female voice.

"this is your realm?" I asked.

"yes, it is indeed my realm" she replied.

"you are here to pass my trial. A trial that will test your fear" she said.

Fear? But why a water element will test my fear?

"after you pass, I'll tell you more about the ring and ourselves" she stated.

"we shall begin now, wether you like it or not" she commanded.

The whole place changed. I suddenly was surrounded by water, head to toe.

'I can't breathe!' I thought.

'someone help! Water phoenix, help me!' I yelled in my mind.

I ran out of air and I lost conciousness.

I open my eyes, too see that I'm in a white room. I wondered around, my eyes were lifeless. I was just a body, moving by it's own, without a soul. A body with memories and emotions but no voice, I was mute.

I stopped when my surrounding changed again. I was in a classroom this time.

Infront of me was my kindergarten teacher and a little me. The teacher was furious and the little me just stood there, looking down at the floor.

"Jewel! Why did you broke the vase?!" the teacher yelled.

"um....teacher, it wasn't me-"

"denying it?! My goodness! Have your parents even thought you how to be honest?!" the teacher yelled.

"No, it wasn't really me" I said, lifeless.

My classmates, laughed and snickered behind the door.

"they all hated me back then..." I blurted out.

"because I was different...." I continued.

"I can hear voices in my head. Voices of whom I don't know"

"Voices, who told me what to do"

"I cutted them off..."

"I was been hated and bullied because of the voices. I completely cutted them off. I stopped daydreaming and imagining"

The room changed again. I was in 3rd grade.

"Jewel, why did you tell the others about my secret?" an old friend of mine said.

"I didn't talk. I was scared" I said. All my thoughts are being said.

"If I say it wasn't me, I will be called a liar again"

The room changed once again.

"Jewel, I love you" Carl said, the day when I saw him kissing with my ex bestfriend.

"liar"

"you just used me to get close with Molly"

For the last time, my surroundings changed.

"let's be best friends forever!" Molly said.

"how can that happen if you betrayed me" I said with a monotone voice.

All of this, were my memories, Memories I want to forget.

All of them, were inside my head. Their voices, are being heard. Their lies and accuses, was heard.

I placed my hands at my ears, covering them. Tears began to fall from my lifeless eyes. I told you, I have emotions but no voice.

"stop" That's what I'm trying to say. Nothing came out from my mouth. Yes, nothing came out from my mouth when I talked a while ago.

"stop. I don't want to remember" I said and nothing was heard.

"this was your choice. You chose to remain silent" sinister voices was heard.

"who are you?" I still asked even though I know that nothing will be said.

"I am your fear" it replied. It heard me?

"fear?" I said.

"you carelessly cutted off the voices in your head. You cutted off the only one who will support and save you. If you didn't cutted them off, all this won't happen" it said.

A memory flashed before me. A memory of me when I changed. The memory that was very precious to me.

"Fa....te....." I managed to say it. A voice, my voice was heard. Slowly, my eyes were full of life.

"fate..." I said. I was no longer mute.

My soul is back also.

"fear? Ha! I don't fear you! I fear fate!" I yelled.

"You!....Why is your soul back?! Why can you speak?!" fear questioned.

"Me? Because of one memory...I got back my soul and voice!" I replied.

"the memory, were I first discovered anime!" I grinned.