Cross my heart don't wanna die(C25)

Third upload of today! 

💙Kat/Funneh pov💙

The fight between Uraraka and Bakugo was insane. I didn't know Uraraka had so much spirt. Of course, Wenny told me that after the battle she was crying like crazy for losing. Still, girl's got guts. I was just hoping I get some before my fight with Todoroki.

"You're gonna be alright." Betty reassured me.

"Will she though?" Allen said.

"Yes I will. And once I beat Todoroki, I'll beat you too." I said.

"We'll see then."

"Yes we will."

After a little bit, I was called to the field. Once there, 'Roki was waiting for me.

"Am I allowed to pray first?" I asked. "Kidding! Let's get on with-"

Todoroki must've been waiting to kick my a*s cause he launched one of those massive ice attacks. I was able to use my beams of bad luck to launch in the air, but since it cursed me, I landed hard on the ice.

That hurt. Like a lot.

I hoped I didn't break anything before hiding in the ice to figure out a strategy. Normally, I'm reckless so this was a new experience.

I still need this guy to use his fire. How in the world will I do that? Well, Wenny said that he can be annoyed. Maybe I could-

Another blast of ice broke my train of thought. Luckily, those ice spikes didnt hit me. However, I was gonna catch a cold staying here.

That's his plan right? Make me catch hypothermia.

I managed to get myself out of hiding and meet Todoroki face to face once again.

"You know, for a guy that told me to fight every battle like a real one, you're not as serious about this as you think you are." I said.

I heard a few gasps and someone compared me to Bakugo. I ignored it as I continued to taunt.

"I mean, we all know there's more to your quirk than you let on. And yet, you hold yourself back. Why's that? I'm Canadian and I'm here giving you the lectures. It's pathetic"

"Kat I know what you're doing. Don't do what you are about to!" Betty warned.

"No. He needs to learn that when it comes to heroring he's all bark and no bite."

That must've set him off cause I noticed the small flames. Then, they got larger.

"Fine then." He said. "You want me to not hold back? I won't."

As the temperature started to rise and the flames began to get higer, I drew my figure across my heart.

Kathrine LA, you lived a good life.

I charged up some of my bad luck and aimed.

Please do something so bad I can win.

I released the energy moments before Todoroki released his fire. I was ready to take the L here but, for once, luck was in my favor.

"Shouto!!" A loud voice yelled.

It was enough to break his concentration and the blast didn't come out as large as I expected. It hit me still and pushed me almost out of bounds but I stopped myself.

"Aww. Tough luck." I said powering up my energy.

With two blasts filled with negative energy, Todoroki was out.

"The winner is surprisingly Kathrine LA!" Midnight and Present Mic announced.

"How embarrassing on your end." I shrugged walking off the field. "Sorry about your dad."

"How'd you know that was my dad?"

Sh*t..

"Well adults don't go yelling at children that aren't theirs right?"

I was hoping he didn't suspect anything as I left.