The Soldier Of Sins | ✓

By Iamnikki1

#30 in Werewolf [05-12-2017] #1 in Aftermath [30-01-2020] _______ What happens when a vigorous, loyal, raw so... More

Basic Information
Introduction
Prologue
[1] Notorious
[2] Brave
[3] Early Mourning
[4] Sweet or Savage
[5] Ignore the words
[6] Ignore the howls
[7] Becoming Wise
[8] Becoming a mess
[9] Remember
[10] Minds Playing
[11] The Full Moon Arrives
[12] The Sinner
[13] The Winner
[14] The Night Is Young-I
[15] The Night Is Young-II
[16] The Night Is Young-III
[17] The Night Is Young-IV
[18] The Night Is Cold-V
[19] The Night is Cruel-VI
[20] The Night Is Calm-VII
[21] Conflicts In Mind
[22] Theories Around
[23] One of The Three
[24] Father To Son
[25] Hunter In The Woods
[26] The Wolfish Soul
[27] Punish The Sinner
[28] The Beaten One
Rewind
[29] Sorting Out
[30] The Three Suspects
[31] The Rainy Day
[32] The Rainy Night-I
[33] The Rainy Night-II
[34] The Sinner Is Sinister
[35] On The Ground-I
[36] On The Ground-II
[37] Conspiracy
[38] The Books Don't Lie-I
[40] Nightmare
[41] The Tale Needs To End-I
[42] The Tale Needs To End-II
[43] Beggar To Bigger
[44] Pylas
[45] The Trap
[46] Risk
[47] The Risk-II
[48] The Risk-III
[49] Swear On Me
[50] Fearless-I
[51] Fearless-II
[52] Burn
[53] Curiosity
[54] Disappointing
[55] The Seventh Night-I
[56] The Seventh Night-II
[57] Criminal
[58] Sacrifice
[59] Expectations
[60] Home
[61] Winning The Aftermath
[62] Saint
[63] Ideal Soldier
[64] Well Wishers
[65] Lightening
[66] The Final Howls-I
[67] The First Howls
[68] The Final Howls-II
[69] The Final Howls-III
[70] The Final Howls-IV
[71] The Final Howls-V
[72] The End Of The Aftermath
EPILOGUE-I
EPILOGUE-II
Author's Note

[39] The Books don't lie-II

2.1K 206 47
By Iamnikki1

The fresh rays of sunlight had brought smiles on the villagers' faces.

Samara was out filling water in her pot, along with her mother. Some of the women still looked curiously at them for what happened with Samuel at being a suspect. But some were minding their business or greeting them politely.

It didn't matter to her what others were thinking, anymore.

All she knew was that the beast would be caught sooner that she could think. But how? That was still unknown.

Her brother had gone to the training grounds while her father was off to the castle, early in the morning. Now, she couldn't wait to be done with errands and read the book herself and even with Rodwin.

"Samara," her mother pulled her out of her thoughts. "Take these two buckets. I am bringing this one pot."

Samara nodded obediently, "Yes, mother." She bent down to pick up the handles of the buckets with both hands when she heard two of the women gasping loudly.

Following their gazes, her mother too gasped silently and widened her eyes at Samara. "Hurry up!" Her mother scolded, making her stun.

Samara was confused and was looking down at her gown, not finding anything wrong with it. "What's wrong, mother?"

"Go inside," her mother said tightly, making her follow the command immediately.

Getting inside their home, Samara put the buckets in their backyard while her mother put the pot in the kitchen.

"Why were they looking at-" Samara's words were cut off by her mother's rushed footsteps towards her as she pushed off the sleeve of her gown.

Her mother's eyes widened along with her own. Her lips parted in utter shock. Samara's heart curled in her chest, looking down at the pinkish mark of a size of grape right above her left bosom that was covered by the dress.

"Who is it?"

Samara felt goosebumps rising on her arm. Her heart started to drown in a pit of utter shame. "Mother. . . I don't kn-"

"You don't know?" Her mother gasped, getting horrified. "What do you mean, you don't know? Someone touched you, clearly. Samara, who is it?" She held her shoulders and shouted, "Tell me, who is it? Nathaniel?"

Samara widened her eyes and shook her head immediately. "It's not him, mother."

A thick slap from her mother turned her head with force, making the mind in her blown. Samara's eyes burned with enormous pain as tears filled them. She covered her cheek in horror and looked back at her mother.

"I have always given you enough freedom to court the person you love. But this much? Tell me, who it is? Are you deflowered already?"

Samara shook her head hurriedly, tears sliding down her cheeks. "Mother, no. No more than this."

Her mother cringed and held her forearm tightly, glaring at her. "Who is it? You know that all of these soldiers haven't been kind to your brother? Already, Samuel's reputation has been attacked by them. Already, he has been struggling with all the things Nathaniel and his friends talk about you. I couldn't believe it. But now, I do."

"Mother, no." Samara cried while holding her hand. "Believe me, mother. I am pure-"

"Then, who is this man?" Her mother gritted her teeth while glancing at the mark on her skin.

Samara gulped, getting scared of uncertain consequences. This was sudden and wrong. This was not how she had thought about telling her family about him.

Tears escaped her eye, Samara's lips trembled in shame. She remembered the moment when Rodwin had done this. They had a moment of pleasure but she didn't know, she would have a mark. In addition, her mother and all those ladies would get to see it too.

If only she had seen mirror before going out. Even while bathing, she didn't give much glance. How could she be so careless? What if Rodwin was not ready for their families to know? Nathaniel had been targeting her all this time. If he got to know more about her and Rodwin, things could get worse.

"Samara, tell me." Her mother cried worriedly, looking up at her.

She looked at her mother while gulping hard. "What will you do, mother?"

"If he is a good man in my eyes," her mother said angrily, "I will tell your father to make betrothal."

Samara's heart started beating faster. Was she ready? Oh Lord, how would Rodwin react at this? Would he be disappointed with her?

"Tell me, Samara or I'll cut your tongue if you stay quiet!" Her mother shrieked, making her whimper in fear.

Samara looked at her in embarrassment.

"Rodwin."

Her mother froze.

_______

Sitting quietly while staring out of the window, the night before where she had seen him climbing and sitting to surprise her, right here, her mother was talking to her about things she didn't want to hear.

"If you love him, we will talk to Lord Lester. He has been a poor man, but has a rich heart. Rodwin has post higher than of your father. What else could we ask for?" Her mother said while braiding her hair, standing beside her chair.

"But doing all of these things before marriage is scandalous, Samara."

She closed her eyes, letting a tear slip. She felt bad at disappointing her mother.

"We were all happy when you were with Nathaniel. But the man who is against my son, is my enemy. But even he never touched you this way, I wonder." Her mother said, making her utterly uncomfortable. "Rodwin has always been naughty since he was young."

Samara lowered her gaze, afraid if Rodwin would be disappointed at her. Now, how would she go to his house and read the books. She had ruined their days of courtship again. What if he wasn't ready for marriage yet? Just days ago, they had lightened up with each other.

She had denied Rodwin to not be so mischievous but he would never listen. She wanted to hit him so much for making her embarrassed in front of her own mother.

"Has anyone seen you two together yet?" Her mother asked, as if all her fever was down and she was all fine.

Samara sniffled quietly. "We are childhood friends, mother. No one looks at us that way."

Her mother patted her head when the braid was done, turning her around, making her stand. Samara lowered her gaze when her mother caressed her cheek.

"You are my beautiful daughter. It is my duty to be aware of which man you are courting. Your father is not a very strict man but this doesn't mean you can be careless with spoiling his reputation," her mother told her, making her look in her eyes.

"Rodwin is not an animal whom you can't control. Tell him, that you wants to be pure when you take those vows with him at the alter. He will listen to you," her mother whispered. "And if he doesn't, I will be happy to marry you off to him the sooner you want. Only if you love him."

Samara gulped slowly. "I love him, mother."

Her mother's lips parted as she looked at her daughter in amazement. "I care for that boy too. I have seen him growing up. I have been there helping his mother when she had birthed him. I know, he is a good man, Samara. But wait for the betrothal."

Samara nodded quietly.

"I will talk to your father the moment he arrives," her mother promised.

"Thank you, mother."

Her mother stared at her in silence. "Do you still want to go to his home?"

Samara looked up at her in defeat. "If you don't want me to, I won't go." Her voice was cracking.

Her mother looked at her sternly.

"Go to his home, meet him and tell him what happened. Tell him that we invite his father to come tonight and talk to us."

Samara's heart started beating faster at the thought of getting betrothed to Rodwin. It would be happy moment but what about the embarrassment she still wasn't able to get out of. She needed to hit Rodwin for this cheekiness.

"Samuel had mentioned me nearly a year ago about betrothing you with Rodwin, already." Her mother mumbled to herself, when Samara got up to bring out her cloak in order to hide the mark from any clever gaze.

"Take the carrot cupcake, I made with cream for him and smile. Put some blush on those cheeks." Her mother started to turn excited, she could see.

Samara blushed when her mother said that as if teaching her how to be a good fianceé.

"As you say, mother."

______

His heart jumped up at the sudden wild knock on his door. His eyebrows furrowed as neither this was his old man because he was always calling his name more than he would knock. Nor this was Samara because she was as gentle as a flower.

"Must be Logan," he twitched his lips in disappointment while going towards the door, thinking how he had cleaned the whole house just for Samara.

Opening the door, he didn't even get to see who it was because immediately his chest was attacked by soft slaps of her.

"Samara?" He chuckled briefly but stopped when he saw tears in her eyes.

He stepped back, trying to hold her hands and when he did, he saw her whimpering hard. "What happened to you?"

"You look beautiful," he whispered at seeing the artificial rosiness on her cheeks and her pretty braids.

Samara glared at him in utter anger. "I look slapped by my mother," she told him, outrageously.

Rodwin's eyes turned blank as he immediately closed the door and came back to hold her shoulders, wiping her tears.

"I told you to slow down. Look, she had seen your claim. Be proud," she wept while turning away from him.

Rodwin's mouth opened in shock. "Your mother knows?"

She nodded while wiping her tears.

A smile curved his lips, he mentioned, "That's a good news. What did she say?" He asked excitedly, suddenly adding, "apart from slapping you."

Samara turned around angrily and glared at him. "You are not allowed to touch me, until you come to my home with your father and talk about our betrothal. I am going," she announced within a breathe, stomping her foot and going away.

He grabbed her wrist, laughing loudly. Turning her to him, he cupped his face. "Truly? Are you by any chance playing with my heart?"

Samara felt relief in heart at seeing enthusiasm in his bright eyes. "I speak the truth, Rodwin. It was so embarrassing. I will die of shame if she tells this to my father."

He chuckled while straightening up and hugging her close. "Do not worry, love. I will be there with my father and you will be all mine."

Samara lowered her gaze when he pulled away from her and tugged at her hand. "Come to my room, we are reading the book."

"I didn't bring the book. Mother hasn't given me much time. I feel suffocated by her scoldings, all because of you."

Rodwin chuckled while pulling her to him, as he sat on nearest chair. He pulled her to sit on his lap as he stared up at her.

"Are you not happy? It turned out to happen sooner than I could think." He asked her, with a smile.

Her blue eyes sparkled with tears, Rodwin smirked at her when she blushed. "Of course, I am. But that was embarrassing."

"Where the mark is even? I don't remember-" Rodwin complaint, laughing loudly when she slapped his arm repeatedly.

He took a long breathe to calm down, staring at her beautiful face. "If not reading, we can just talk?" He offered again, softness curling up her heart.

Samara looked in his eyes and shook her head. "I can't stay, Rodwin. Mother will think bad of us. I must go," she said, glancing back at the door. "I brought the carrot cake for you, mother has made today."

Rodwin smiled in thought. "She doesn't have any objection," he exclaimed. "I can't wait for the day, you would be living here as my bride, making food for us and my father."

Samara stared at his happy face, her heart melting at words. She snaked her arms around his neck and hugged him, putting her head on his shoulder.

"I can't wait for those times too, Rodwin. I love you," she whispered softly.

Rodwin smiled to himself, playing with the braids and her lose hair that were down. "Then, we can even fuck without any restrictions."

She gasped and pulled away only to see him chuckling hard.

"I am joking," he laughed at her blank face. "Though, you too wouldn't be able to resist me."

"We will see," she muttered while cupping his cheek to pull him for a brief kiss.

_________

Violet opened the door as soon as the knock appeared. She gestured for Jeffery to enter the room.

"Would you like some tea or hot milk?"

Jeffery was in his soldier's uniform, Violet noticed.

"No, thank you. I must go, father has a lot of work on his shoulders. He had been called to the castle for assistance. A cell is being made of iron and all the blacksmiths have been called to manufacture chains and what not," told Jeffery while bringing the silky blue cloth out of his satchel.

"Here," he handed it to her. "Father made it as sharp as he could. If you throw it from far, it will be more effective. But from close, scratches will do better than stabbing."

Violet nodded while going towards the nearest table and picking up the two coins she had placed for their convenience of time.

"Say my heartfelt thanks to your father, Jeffery. I really appreciate this and please keep this secret with you that I came to your home for this knife."

Jeffery smiled while taking the coins from her, nodding. "Do not worry about it."

He turned around to leave the room when Violet suddenly asked him, "What is happening at the castle? Do you have any thought of what they are doing to find the beast?"

Jeffery smirked at her. "The security has gotten tight around the forest border. What else? Ah! Yes. I am called again in the court tomorrow."

Violet stared at him in nervousness. "Why?"

Jeffery smiled sadly and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe, I am still under their doubts."

Violet looked at him pitifully. The terror of that rainy night surfaced her mind. She clenched her jaws while thinking how because of that beast, innocent soldiers are at doubt too.

"Do you not feel frustrated, Jeffery?" She asked him, gritting her teeth. "Do you not feel like killing that beast?"

Jeffery raised his eyebrows and let out a sad chuckle.

"The soldiers were discussing this only two days ago. It is not easy to kill the Werewolf. No one would want his own death in those dense forests."

Violet shook her head. "But Nathaniel goes with the lamb every night to-" she stared at Jeffery with some realization hitting her mind.

"I don't know, Violet. But killing a human is easier than killing when he becomes a Werewolf."

Violet gulped hard. "Then, it all has become a mess. No one can solve this mystery of who is the Werewolf? And killing him in his wolf form is impossible."

Jeffery tilted his head and gave her a Stern look. "Do not even think of going to the woods and practising that knife. That would be your last mistake," he warned her.

Violet lowered her eyes, feeling frustrated do to something about it. She had been able to get saved from that beast twice. If luck was on her side, she could take the risk again. But there was no point of going to the woods, if she didn't have the strategy.

For that strategy, she needed to meet Samara.

"I must go, now. My father awaits me." Jeffery nodded while walking towards the main door.

Violet stopped him by calling his name, making him glance at her.

"Is Samuel the one that was beaten by Nathaniel and his friends?" She asked, reluctantly.

Jeffery's lips parted, and he nodded.

"Yes."

He was fainted when the wolves arrived at the scene. He could be attacked by them, easily.

Violet nodded quietly, confirming in her heart the new suspect. But she had to do something about Nathaniel too.

"The King is planning something to happen before the full moon for sure. The Werewolf will be caught, do not worry."

Violet smiled at him, tightly.

Jeffery closed the door after him and waved a goodbye at her. Looking up at the crescent moon, the smile on his face faded and he lowered his gaze to the front, looking forward in the street.

He started walking quietly, making less noise as possible but not less enough to beat Logan's quiet footsteps who was following him.

______

"What do you think?"

Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 0 10
There's always a war raging, the war between good and evil, be it in our world, in our hearts or in our minds. And no matter which side wins it alway...
239K 10.5K 26
I was rejected by my family, the pack members and my mate because I couldn't shift. On the day of my sister and mate's mating ceremony, My wolf, or...
57 40 14
Book 2 of "A L T H E A | Werewolf" Terrible news strikes Evander and Althea once again. How do they cope this time? Mystery letters and the revelati...
500K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...