Officer Prescott

By paigexlr

With all the new current events and tragedies happening world wide in schools, Newley Township Elementary Sch... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165

Chapter 64

1.2K 39 5
By paigexlr

It was the next day after work and it was also the day Mackenzie was coming home. Nancy followed me to the house and it was making me nervous because Trevor hadn't responded to my texts all morning.

I unlocked the door as I walked in with Nancy and Mackenzie behind me, and he was on the couch sleeping-Which would have been fine..if there wasn't a half empty bottle of vodka in front of him on the coffee table and a small bottle empty next to it.

"Trevor." I mumbled and I looked at Nancy and she looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I sighed and went around and grabbed the bottles. I put them away and shook his shoulder and he slowly opened his eyes.

"What?" He asked in a sleepy mumble.

"Nancy and Mackenzie are here." I warned and he quickly sat up and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Shit-I mean-I'm sorry." He slurred and I felt my face red from not only embarrassment, but anger.

"It's okay..." Nancy trailed off and he got up and stumbled forward and he walked to me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered quietly against my neck and I ignored him and pulled away.

"Are you okay officer Prescott?" Mackenzie asked and he nodded slowly.

"I'm okay." He said.

"Trevor I'm going to fucking kill you-" sawyer said as he walked into the house without knocking or a warning and he stopped when he realized Mackenzie was there. Everything was ruined.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I didn't mean to say that." He said and cleared his throat and Mackenzie looked at him.

"Is this your police friend?" Mackenzie asked and Trevor nodded and knelt down in front of her.

"That's sawyer. You can just call him sawyer." He said and she nodded.

"Hi officer Sawyer." She said cutely and he smiled.

"Hey, sweetheart. You must be Mackenzie. I've heard a lot about you." He said and he knelt down next to Trevor and shook her hand. I wanted to kill the both of them but they were so cute with her.

"Okay-her bags are in my trunk if you could help." Nancy said to all of us and we looked up at her and nodded. She turned and walked out the house and trev got up from kneeling down and stumbled.

"You have no idea how pissed off I am." I said and shoved past them both to go outside and grab bags. I grabbed two suitcases and brought them to the door and Trevor grabbed a few too. She was so adorable when she was watching us. I think she knew I was mad though. We got all her bags in and trev picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I have a suitcase full of toys." She smiled and he chuckled.

"Do you want them in your room or your play room?" He asked.

"Some in the play room." She said and sawyer came in with two more bags and I sighed and brought some upstairs.

We got every bag in her room and when I went downstairs, since I was the last one up there getting things together, Nancy thanked us.

"I know she's happy with you two. I'm so happy she's finally here. I know it's been a long process." She said as we walked her out and Mackenzie was playing with cooper and talking to sawyer in the living room.

"Yeah, we're happy. We're just excited to be starting our family-and she'll be having a sibling soon." Trevor said and I blushed when she looked down at my stomach.

"Oh my! Congrats!" She said and hugged us.

"Thank you. We're going to have to explain that to her so I hope we explain it well." I said and she smiled.

"I'm sure she'll understand and be completely okay with it. She's a good kid." She said and he nodded.

"Okay, well I hope I can visit every now and then to check up on her. She's such a sweetheart I'm going to miss her, but I know that you two are perfect for her." She said and we smiled.

"Thank you so much." We said and she hugged us again before leaving. We walked back in the house after she drove away and sawyer looked up at Trevor and I looked at the both of them.

"Hey, Mackenzie? Can you do me a huge favor kiddo and go upstairs to sort your toys out? Please sweetheart?" Trev asked her and picked her up and she nodded. He kissed her cheek and she ran upstairs happily and I looked up at him.

"You're so lucky that I didn't freak out on you. You are so lucky Trevor." I warned quietly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize that she was coming today. For Christ's sake I already feel bad enough. I really didn't mean that." He said.

"Why are you drinking-you know what-Why are you even here? Who are you to come into my house and yell and curse at my boyfriend? What did he do to you? The only one that can yell at him for doing stupid shit under my roof is me. I don't give a shit what drama you have going on outside of this house. When I come home from work, I do not want to deal with complete idiots. I have a boss that's an idiot and coworkers, and more recently a boyfriend that's an idiot. I seriously can't take it anymore. I'm going to go crazy." I said and they both just stared at me.

"Don't look at me like that. For Christ's sake, everyone treats me like I'm weak and like I can't have feelings or be upset but when I do get upset it's a surprise. Trevor I can't do this anymore with you. I'm tired of you drinking and doing stupid things just because you're not feeling right. I'm so tired of it it's unbelievable. It's exhausting trying to get you to stop and trying to make sure you don't kill yourself in the process of it and being scared-and sawyer, you've just been making him even more stressed out. I don't want you and never will. I'm marrying this idiot eventually and you have a wife or whatever she is to you at this point. Get yourself together. You're both acting so immature and stupid." I said.

"It's not my fault that he decided it was okay to drink and do drugs not only as an officer in general, but the captain of our department and while on duty." Sawyer said.

"Yeah well if it weren't for Trevor you wouldn't be making the money you are and in the position you are. He gave up his dream position because he couldn't handle the stress of it as young as he is. Maybe you can't either." I mumbled and Trevor raised his eyebrows at me with a half smirk. He rubbed his scruff to brush it off that he was trying not to laugh and I rolled my eyes.

"I can handle it. I've been doing my job-"

"You got in a fight with your captain." I said.

"He hit me first-"

"What is this high school? You both were fighting and you are both to blame. You aren't firing him and he's coming back on a regular scheduled time, do you understand me? I need him working again or it's going to make me crazy." I said and he nodded slowly and Trevor went to put his arm around me and I pulled away.

"Just stop." I mumbled and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"What made you so mad that you had to storm in here yelling?" I asked sawyer.

"Trevor showed our head of department things I had done in the past..." Sawyer trailed off and I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly my point. You've both done stupid shit. If he's getting fired, so are you." I mumbled and he nodded slowly.

"Now I'm going to help Mackenzie, since you just sent her up there alone when it's her first day here." I mumbled and stormed past Trevor before going upstairs. She was in her room with cooper and playing with stuffed animals she had brought with her and telling cooper their names. It melted my heart.

"Be careful sweetheart. I don't want cooper to take your toys and think they're his." I said as I walked in and sat down on the floor next to her.

"He won't. I told him their names and told him that they're mine. See." She said and put a bear out to cooper and cooper grabbed his actual toy to show her. My eyes softened and I chuckled. It seriously was like he knew.

"Aww. Well I still think it's better for you to keep them on your bed while you're sleeping. He's still a teething puppy." I said and she nodded.

"Ms Collins, I really like it here." She said and I smiled.

"I'm glad sweetheart." I said.

"Is Officer Prescott Okay?" She asked softly.

"I think so, why?" I asked.

"He just looks sad." She said and it broke my heart. She even noticed and he was better around her than me.

"I think he's okay. He's been down for a little, but I know you being here makes him happy." I smiled weakly and she nodded.

"I think me being here makes me happy." She said.

"Well I'm happy it does. I'm glad, we're all happy to be here for you." I said and she went back to playing with her toys.

"Can I join the girl talk?" Trev asked behind us and we both look up at him and she smiled and nodded. I was hoping she'd tell him no. I was seriously so mad.

"Sure." I said and he sat down next to me and kissed my temple.

"Thank you." He said and put his hand on my thigh and smiled at Mackenzie.

"I say we get all your things unpacked so you're officially home, sweetheart." He said and she nodded. He chuckled and grabbed a suitcase and started unpacking her clothes and I watched him before I went to help. He was so happy and he looked so cute. I knew I was mad at him, but he really meant everything to me and I was only mad because I was frustrated. I put my hand on his back as he unpacked her things and I rubbed it and kissed his shoulder. She wasn't paying attention and was opening one of her suitcases and he smiled weakly down at me.

"Love you." I mouthed and he kissed my forehead.

"Love you too." He said and he smiled to himself before I let go of him and unpacked another one of her suitcases. Full of stuffed animals and pictures of her parents and family. It broke my heart honestly, but I knew we were doing the right thing and I was happy she still had pictures of memories with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 0 12
This story takes place at New Shire town. Aeryne Wolf a NewShire police officer gets involved in the investigation of a series of mercyless murders l...
134 0 16
Please note I wrote this when I was younger, my writing has improved a ton since here. Cops all around the world are attacking people and taking them...
1.8K 399 24
Sometimes love doesn't come when we expect them to, and sometimes it does come when we expect them. Marks life suddenly became difficult and miserabl...
295K 6.9K 27
Her freedom. His Hope. Read the story of how a troubled girl and a tattooed man who upholds the law, find love.