𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Chapter 44

[ 𝗬/𝗡'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

It's another day in the office. It's been a busy and long day but at-least I have one more meeting for the day and it happens to be with Jungkook.

It's going to only be him and I, going over the project with our final revisions.

I stop at the door of the meeting room to take a deep breath and put on my brave face on, acting like everything is fine. This is business, I have to always be professional.

I finally open the door and force a smile, but I freeze at the door, astounded to find an unexpected person seating there in his black suit.

It's Taehyung.

He is seated back onto his chair, as his eyes catches mine. A half smile immediately appears on his face as I stand there at the door in shocked to see him seating there.

But where's Jungkook?

"Mr. Kim, I didn't expect to see you," I timidly speak, feeling nervous in his presence all of a sudden."I thought it was going to be with, Mr. Jeon."

"Well, nice to see you Ms. Kim.'" Taehyung smirks, then gets up and bow towards me. "Jungkook was too busy with other work, and had asked me to come in for him instead."

"Oh I see. Well, it's nice to have you here...Mr. Kim." I walk towards the seat across him and slightly bow before seating.

"Y/n, you can drop the formalities," Taehyung utters. "I mean, I get we're in a business setting, but it feels weird you calling me Mr. Kim."

I couldn't help but smile. He's right. It felt weird being formal to an old friend like Taehyung.

"Okay, Taehyung oppa." I chuckle and an amuse smile appears on his face.

"How have you been, y/n?" He asks. For some reason he looks so intimidating today or is just my nerves getting the best of me?

Maybe because I haven't seen him in this is type of setting before. He was a friendly normal guy at home but I can't help notice how different he is with such an intimidating aura, like the way he is at mafia meetings.

"I'm been doing...well," I say meekly, trying hard not to show my growing nervousness around him. "How about you?"

"You sure you're doing well? You don't need to lie to me." Taehyung looks me deep in the eyes and examines me, but soon digresses. "But it's okay, I'm here for business. You can tell me once we're out of this business setting."