𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 2

I froze at the scene in-front of me. I was shocked, confused, and scared all at once. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether to approach him or to quickly run to my home and lock the doors. The logical part of my brain was telling me to run away as fast as I could, while my gut feeling told me to stay.

"Uh..um...sir, a-are you okay?" I stuttered. But he didn't respond or even look my way. He acted as if I wasn't there at all. But I could tell he was in deep pain from his agonizing expression.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance, sir?" I said timidly, standing still in my spot, afraid to approach him.

Once the man turned his head to face me, I stumbled backwards, startled at his bloody and bruised up face. It almost felt like an electric shock came between us when our eyes met.

 It almost felt like an electric shock came between us when our eyes met

My mind alarmed me to run at that moment. But my feet wouldn't move. I felt glued to the ground.

Then suddenly the man finally managed to stammer out the words, "Whatever happens do not call the police or paramedics..." his voice was breathy, having a hard time speaking. "I'm gonna need you t—" he couldn't finish his sentence as he falls onto the ground. He quickly tried to get up but drops onto the ground once again, on his knees and hands.

That's when I noticed his right hand was holding onto his lower abdomen. But my eyes grew wide once I realized that same hand was covered in blood. My fear immediately vanished and I rushed towards him.

"You're bleeding badly, sir." I tried helping him get up. But panicked  grew inside me when I see blood dripping down the ground floor. It was definitely coming from his abdomen that he's holding on to. "We need to call the ambulance immediately."

"NO! I TOLD Y—" he snapped, but pain took over him, as he groaned holding onto his injured abdomen.

"But—" I felt so flustered, but I knew there was no time in argueing. I needed to act fast in order to help him.

There was just something that night that I felt I just had to help this man.

"Just follow what I say, okay? You will be alright." I went in my nursing mode. "Apply pressure on your wound to stop the bleeding and I will treat you myself in my house, which is just right there," I pointed at the direction of my house, as I placed his left hand over my shoulder.

I brought him inside my small compressed yet cozy home and immediately placed him sitting on my couch.