𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 42

A Series of Flashbacks

♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

[Y/n's POV]

The next morning after crying myself to sleep after witnessing Aera and Jungkook kissing in the office, I finally gotten the strength to go out of my room.

I was so distraught last night, I even started packing my stuff. I didn't want to be here. I never wanted to see his face again. But Maria had stopped me. She made me feel bad. I really didn't want her being affected by my decision to leave, so I decided to stay.

I ended up sleeping in my old room. I didn't have any energy left in me to face him, after witnessing that heart-wrenching scene.

I headed to the kitchen and found Taehyung there. He had realized my puffy eyes and asked me what had happened, but I just told him that it was nothing. I think he already knew I was lying. But he didn't try to get it out of me, instead he suggested to eat together at the garden.

He was talking about a lot of things that were making me laugh. I think he was just distracting me and trying to make me feel better. Which ended up working—at-least at that moment.

I felt myself loosening up and enjoying my time with him.

But his smile suddenly faded, once he got off the phone with someone. He told me he had to leave urgently.

I felt a little sad to hear that he had to leave, he was the only one, actually making me feel better. Making me forget about the sequence of events that occurred.

I think he took noticed of the sadness reflected on my face and decided to stay for a few more moments.

Once, he finally left, he had said, "I'm always here for you y/n. Remember that."

What did I do to deserve a friend like him?

»»««

[Taehyung's POV]

I really didn't want to leave Y/n. I was making her laugh and all, trying to make her feel better to whatever she had been crying about. But I already knew it had something to do with Jungkook.

I knew I was going to get scolded by Uncle Junsu, after he had called to tell me to come at that very moment. But I saw sadness in her eyes and her smile faded away. I couldn't help it. I just simply didn't have the heart to leave her like that.

I didn't even care about being late, if it meant putting Y/n's happiness first. I hope that moment with her, made her smile or had somewhat eased her pain.

I ended up being the last one to arrive at the meeting. Everyone there was already seated.

Once I finally took my seat, I noticed an intense gazed fixated on me. It was Jungkook, who was seated across me.

 It was Jungkook, who was seated across me