𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 43

1 WEEK LATER

♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

"...I always knew you and Jimin would end up together," Yoona continues on, as I try hard to pay attention to her. But her voice slowly fades away, as my overwhelming thoughts takes over me.

These past days I just haven't been feeling like myself. But thankfully Yoona is back in Seoul, after a business meeting in Tokyo as my Vice President for PMK.

She had come this morning, spending our time together since our busy schedules been keeping us apart. But now we're sitting at Jimin's kitchen with only her chatting away.

Yoona has been talking on and on, as I try my best to listen and show that nothing is wrong, but I'm starting to think she's noticing.

"From the very beginning he had brought you to Japan, I just knew he..."

I can see Yoona's mouth moving, but all I'm thinking are the words, "Song Aera, will you marry me?"

Aera of course ended up saying yes to Jungkook's proposal. That heart-wrenching scene of him placing a ring on her finger then pulling her into a deep kiss, still replays in my mind. I remember in that moment, I had run out with Jimin trailing behind me. I heard the crowd cheering for the two when I made my way out of the venue. I didn't want to look at that direction, it was way too painful.

It ended up being a quiet ride home with Jimin that night. I think he knew that I was greatly affected.

Once we had gotten home, all I wanted to do was be alone. Jimin had left me alone that night and once I got to bed by myself, I cried my eyes out. I couldn't help but feel so distraught about his proposal.

"Um, y/n are you even listening to me?" Yoona's voice brings me back to reality.

"W-what h-huh? " I blink my eyes, owlishly.

I didn't realize I completely zoned out. I just can't seem to shake off that night. But I shouldn't be affected like this. I'm already with Jimin.

But how can Jungkook easily ask Aera to marry him after all she had done?

"Y/n, is everything alright?" Yoona looks at me with concern. "I've noticed you haven't been yourself this whole morning we spent together. Is everything alright with you and Jimin?"

"Oh, uh yeah, everything's alright," I respond, "and yeah Jimin and I are good..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." I give her a tense smile, trying to look like I'm okay.

Yoona examines my face, seeming like she's not fully believing me. She opens her mouth about to speak until Jimin comes walking into the kitchen.

"Baby, you ready?" Jimin asks, as he walks towards us.

"Um...no, not yet." I glance down at my phone and realize it's only 3 pm. "I thought we were leaving at 5?"

"Yeah, we were but I need to be there earlier for some business."

"Well..uh," I respond, feeling a little flustered. I didn't really like being rushed. Especially for something I didn't even want to go too. We are heading to a pool party at one of Jimin's business partner's house.

"To be honest babe, I can go now and you can come at 5," Jimin suggests, taking note of my dreadful expression. "I mean if that's okay with you. It's just that I can deal with whatever I gotta do there first, and enjoy the party once you come at 5."