𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 30

[Taehyung's POV]

It was y/n's birthday a week ago, and I feel so bad that I had missed it. I had to go on a business trip in Daegu, and I just got home this morning.

Since Jungkook was no longer the Underboss, he had full control of the entire mafia. His father gave him the position as the Don, right after he got married to y/n.

There needed to be an Underboss and Junsu had suggested to Jungkook that it should be me, but Jungkook had told me, I would have to prove it to him that I can handle it.

I don't know what he meant by me being  able to handle it. Of course I would be able to. I've been in this mob with him at fifteen years old. I have a good understanding by now how to run a mafia. So I don't get why he can't just give me the position. But something tells me he had other reasons why he's holding back in giving me the position. And I think I know why.

He ended up leaving me in charge, acting as the Underboss for the meeting in Daegu, since he wasn't able to make it. He wanted to celebrate y/n's birthday.

This was the first time I've ever seen Jungkook not attending a business meeting. He always made sure to always be there no matter what. But for some reason, he turned it down—all for y/n. I was so surprised, along with the boys.

But I know today, Jungkook had to attend a meeting in the inner city, to which his father had to come along to discuss something important with some associate of ours.

J-Hope had actually called me, saying the meeting didn't really end well and that he will let me on the details, later on. Jungkook was apparently heated and was drinking with the boys. It was typical of him. Although I noticed that he hasn't gone out with us to the clubs in a while. He's been spending all his free time with y/n.

Now that I'm back home still feeling a little tired, I really wanted to give y/n a belated birthday present or something. I had thought of maybe buying her a Gucci purse, but I heard that Jungkook basically bought her the entire Louis Vuitton and Chanel store, and all the other designer brands. So I ended up doing something else for her.

I found her peacefully sitting in the living room writing down on a notebook, but before I can approach her, I stood there for a few moments admiring how beautiful she looked.

I couldn't help but smile, when she was becoming irritated at the wisp of hair that kept falling down her face, and kept trying to put it back in place.

I don't know why I was becoming nervous all of a sudden. I've talked to her plenty of times before.

"Confidence, Confidence," I tell myself.

Finally, I went up right behind her and covered her eyes.

"I got you something."

I was still covering her eyes and then placed what I made for her on the table in-front of her.

I took my hand out of her eyes and reveal to her the macaroons I had made, with the flowers I also got her

"Oh my god...what!" she squealed, looking surprised. She looked up at me and said with her cute soft voice, "Aww, Taehyung you shouldn't have."

"I missed your birthday, so decided to make you these." I was trying hard to hide my sudden nervousness towards her. "Maria had told me you like macaroons a lot so I really tried my best to make it for you."

"Aww, this is so sweet," she said, placing her hand on her heart.

"And you know me, I don't know how to cook or bake. But for you, I'll try my best." I smiled. "And I even decorated it myself too."

She unexpectedly hug me. "Thank you! You're honestly the best!"

My body tensed up but I hugged her back. "It was nothing. Hope you enjoy it though."

I don't know why I was still feeling nervous around her. I had girl friends, but she seems to be the only one that can make me this nervous for some reason. I always find myself not knowing how to act around her.

As I admire her beautiful smile and her sweet innocent nature, I can't help but feel so bad to see this amazing woman being used by Jungkook.

If she only knew...

I just wish I could tell her.

I just know once she finds out the truth—The real truth—she'll be heartbroken.

I wouldn't think she would even stay with him. Even I was internally loathing him. I can imagine y/n...

***

[Y/n's POV]

The special moment with Taehyung didn't last too long when he got a phone call from J-Hope. He was needed in the office room urgently.

"Wait, Taehyung before you go, I want to show you the camera Jungkook got me," I said, picking up the camera that was on the sofa beside me. "I want you to show me how to take photos with my camera."

"Yeah of course! Here let me show you," Taehyung said, as he grabbed the camera from my hand and started to examine it.

I leaned in closer to him, as he showed me the mechanics of the camera. I felt him tensed up. I think I was making him nervous being in that close proximity to him, so I moved back a bit.

We ended up taking lots of pictures together, posing like we were models and others ones of us just being funny. It's always great being with Taehyung. It really is never a dull moment with him. But he soon left towards the office, leaving me alone in the living room.

I wanted him to stay a little longer, but he said that J-Hope had emphasized over the phone to come to the office immediately.

I wished he was here every day, but he also was a very busy man. But I realized whenever he has the time, he always came to talk to me to catch up and asked me how I'm doing. He also made sure to tell me that, if I needed anyone to talk to or needed anything, he was there for me.

I was feeling so happy thinking about the moment with Taehyung, as I make my way up to my room to put my camera away.

But once I got to my room, I was startled to see who was sitting there with eyes wrapped into a miserable black.

It was Jungkook.

And he didn't look too happy.

If looks could kill, I most definitely be dead right now.