𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 41

4 DAYS LATER

♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

I can feel my anxiety that was a constant pressure in my stomach is now on my chest. I'm having a hard time breathing. I take a couple deep breaths in and told myself that everything will be fine. Plus, Jimin is by my side.

But I know deep down, I'm anxious to see that one person again after a long while.

I hold onto Jimin's arm as we finally step inside the loud crowd of formally dressed people in their seats and standing, chattering away as they sip their wines and champagne in their hands.

The venue is massive and dim, with illuminated white and blue spotlights towards the expansive centre stage.

There are about hundreds of people already here, dressed in formal clothing. I'm in my silk red knee-high slip-on dress, with my red bottoms to match, while Jimin is dressed in his all black suit. Yoongi and Namjoon who are dressed in white and black, follow behind us as we walk down passing by tables, nodding our heads towards the people bowing to us.

We make it to our designated table and find Junsu, Jin, J-hope and Taehyung standing near it with their drinks in their hands.

I feel a sense of joy to see Taehyung smiling for the first time as he talks with Jin and J-hope. But his smile soon fades once he meets my eyes.

Junsu follows Taehyung's cold eyes and immediately greets us. "Son, y/n! Glad you two are finally here, we're actually about to start."

Jimin and I immediately bow to him to show our respect.

I bow towards Jin and J-Hope, who both seem to be hesitant to greet me back, but eventually bows back, giving me a forceful smile.

I meet Taehyung's eyes again, and I give him a smile. He gives me back a weak smile, making me smile with excitement even if it wasn't a happy smile. But I'm willing to take it, considering it has been a while since he showed any emotion towards me.

I scan my eyes around and realize that a particular person is missing here—Jungkook.

Where is he? Isn't he suppose to be here?

Hyori comes walking with some lady saying her farewell to her then walks towards us. Almost immediately, my mood drops by the sight of that cruel woman.

She gives me a oily smile. "Hello dear, you're looking fabulous tonight."

I look at her with confusion. Why is she suddenly being so nice?

I give her back a fake smile.

"Good that you're here too honey," Junsu holds onto Hyori's waist. Then he turns towards us all. "Please, let's all take out seats now."

"Jungkook is taking too long and haven't even return my calls or messages," Junsu takes a sip of his champagne before placing it onto the table. "I sure hope the boy comes, I swear to God he's gonna get it from me. He's going to embarrass me out here."

"Don't worry dear," Hyori reassures him but then looks at me. "I have a good feeling he's going to come any time now."

Junsu looks at his watch. "I can't wait any second. I should really go up there, I don't want to keep people waiting."

Junsu excuses himself himself, and makes his way up the stage.

Hyori takes her seat beside Junsu's host seat, while the K-Gods seat across us.