𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 49

|| House of Cards - BTS ||
Even if I knew already
  I can't stop
  As time passes
  It just becomes more ruined...
  It's collapsing again...
_______________________
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

📍𝙿𝚢𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐-𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚐
    𝙹𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚗𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝, 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝙺𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚊.

[Y/N'S POV]

I'm running for my life.

I'm running to wherever my legs could take me. All I know is that I needed to get out of here—fast.

I feel my lungs screeching in pain and the willingness of my body to go far beyond what exercise could ever demand. I'm in full survival mode.

My breaths are frantic and my eyes filling up with tears. The wind blowing through my long silky black hair and sweat profusely coursing down my entire body as my white shoes pound onto the ground.

My face and body still aching from the unbelievable torture, I had endured.

The cold of the night hits my skin, through my cotton white shirt and long flowy-skirt. It wasn't even white anymore. More like an ivory white, drench in my blood, sweat and tears.

My pace slows down, as I grasp for air. I inhale deeply trying to catch my breath.

I can't stop now. They must have sent someone to come after me and I couldn't allow myself to get caught. I just can't. I can't take the pain and torture anymore. I needed to be as far as possible from that house.

A house that brought me nothing but pain and misery. I always knew we wouldn't work out in the end, but I kept hoping...as long as I was with him. 

I loved him with all my heart. Even with his cold heart. I loved him. How did it come to this? I thought he loved me.

I was willing to take any bullet for him. But in the end, he turned out to be the one pulling the trigger.

We were so bad for each other. Although it was hard, I ensured to support it. But I should have known...that a house made of cards was meant to fall.

I'm running on the side of the road. It's hard to see, only the lamp posts illuminates the dark empty road. The only sounds I hear are the wind blowing through the trees and my heavy breathing. No cars have yet to pass me by.

With each step, my whole body jars with pain. My heart beats frantically, but I tell myself that it's all or nothing.

I couldn't help slow down, feeling my legs becoming weak and my lungs screaming for more oxygen. I finally drop down to my knees, trying to catch my breath. If I stop now, I will risk my body paying the price. But if I continue to keep running, the damage will be limited mostly to my shins and knees.

Tears immediately start to form in my eyes, as my brain suddenly recollects the events that had occurred. It just reminded me, that I couldn't give up.

I'm definitely not going to give up. I have to summit my all to running away far from this area. Far from all of them. Far from him.

As I straighten myself up, I hear the sounds of a speeding car that seems to be rapidly approaching.