𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 29

[Author's POV]

Jungkook was in downtown Seoul at the backroom of their liquor business, in a meeting with one of his associates,

Associates are people who work with the mob, which can be from a drug dealer, burglar, lawyer, to police officers or even politicians.

In this case was a drug lord, named Kang Jang-hyun. He was in his late twenties, working in the underworld for years now, and a very known drug lord in all of South Korea. He had recently got himself involved with the Jeon Mafia. He knows just how powerful the Jeon Mafia was. They were respectable and known in the country, so he had made sure to work with them.

Jungkook felt irritated about his father having to attend the meeting with him, feeling like he was insulting his intelligence. He wanted to handle this himself. But Junsu felt that it was important to come to this specific meeting, since dealing with Kang Jang-hyun isn't always easy, and that he can be very manipulative man.

Jungkook was seated with his father, and on his other side was Jin and J-Hope. While the drug lord and his men sat across them, smoking a cigar.

"Look, I believe this drug business will somehow ruin us," Junsu responded sternly towards Kang Jang-hyun.

"How much money are we talking about here?" Jungkook asked Jang-hyun, interrupting his father. Junsu shot his son a look.

Jang-Hyung examined the Don of the Jeon Mafia, taking notice how easily he was already hopping on his offer.

"Oh Don Jungkook, I'm talking about millions to billions of money here," Jang-hyung boastfully said. "We just need you and your men to help us out. All I am asking for is five hundred million won and your protection. Five hundred million won is nothing to you and I know how much power you have with the police and politicians."

Don Junsu thinks for a few moments before responding, but once he was about to speak, Jungkook jumps in.

"Okay, that sounds reasonable. I think—" Jungkook gets interrupted by his father, who put up his hand gesturing him to stop talking. Junsu gave him a cold look.

Jungkook quickly understood, but was starting to get even more irritated of his father. He already felt humilaited being the Don and having his own father there with him, and now he was making the decisions for him, in-front Kang Jang-hyun who kept examining the father and son.

Jungkook just sat there clenching his fist into a ball, trying hard to hold his anger in and not show it.

"I want to know what the interest is, what do we get out of it?" Don Junsu turned his attention back to Jang-hyun.

"I'll make sure to give you forty-five percent. By the end of this year you'll get quadruple the amount you lend me. It can make you into a billionaire with the amount of fortune you already have."

Jungkook stood still on his chair with his hand on his chin, thinking about what the man said.

But Junsu sighed, and sensibly say, "I came to see you because I heard you're an earnest man and respectable in the streets." His expression hardens and serious. "I apologize, but I have to turn it down. It's not like gambling or liquor. Yes, the police and politicians has helped us in the past in return of giving them shares of our gambling and liquor business, but I know they'll stop associating with us, when it comes to narcotics."

Jungkook looked at his father, dismayed at his answer.

Jang-hyun was shocked for a moment, then regain his composure. "Junsu, you're gonna make the biggest mistake. You're missing out an opportunity here to not just gain millions but advance your name worldwide."

"Yeah, appa—" Jungkook finally stepped in to try to convince his father

"I had made my decision here already, I will no longer be discussing this,"  Junsu said with authority in his voice, as he scornfully looked at Jungkook. "This meeting is over."

Once Kang Jang-hyun left the room with his men behind him, Jin and J-Hope got up to leave as well. But Jungkook sat there still feeling irritated about the whole thing, then soon got himself up to follow the boys.

"Son," Don Junsu said, which made Jungkook stop to look back at his father. "Come here."

Jungkook who was internally annoyed, as he exhaled harshly, did not want to stay there any longer. But he made his way back to his father.

"What's the matter with you, son?" Junsu hissed. "I think that wife of yours is making your brain soft."

Jungkook stood there quiet, but internally he was trying to be as calm as possible. He ignored what his father said and say, "Appa, didn't you always say, our main goal is to constantly make ways to make money. And here he is offering—"

"Why don't you use your god damn brain," Junsu shouted, interrupting him. "Why are you being so stupid, son? Did you not hear what I had said. The drug business is dangerous. We can bribe politicians and police force with our money, but once they find out we're doing drug business, they'll let it go. Then we'll lose our protection. The drug business itself is very risky. I'll rather stick with our gambling, casino, and liquor business than risking our family."

Jungkook clenched his jaw, eyes narrowed towards his father.

"And what did I say? If you don't play your cards right, you can end up getting fucked over," Junsu said, finally lowering his voice. "I made you Don, but it seems like you're not thinking like one."

Jungkook coldly glared at his father, poking his tongue against his cheek.

"You're lucky you're my one and only son. If I had another, I don't even think I would have given you the position of the Don. If Taehyung was my blood son, he would have been the one holding this position. Unlike you, he can think straight and can remain calm in situations."

Jungkook can feel his blood stirring up, but also can't help feel somewhat hurt of what his father just said.

But before Junsu was about to leave, he said, "...and son when I'm talking...you never interrupt me in-front of outsiders. If I say no, there's a reason."

Junsu lightly patted Jungkook's face before leaving.

Jungkook stood there wanting to shoot someone. He was getting tired of his father always comparing him to Taehyung. Which is one of the reasons why he was strongly against making him the Underboss, but he also had other reasons.