𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Chapter 22

The voice shouting my name echoes in my ears as I crash into the freezing cold water feeling an instant electric shock throughout my body

The voice shouting my name echoes in my ears as I crash into the freezing cold water feeling an instant electric shock throughout my body. My whole body is submerged into the the icy waters.

I hold onto my breath trying to swim as fast as I could, back to the surface. But it becomes difficult to move my body from the water chilling me to the bone.

But my body's fight-or-flight response kicks in, knowing I need to get out of this cold water as soon as possible for my own survival. The human body works best in a certain range of body temperature and the coldness of this water right now is detrimental to my body if I don't get out fast. The decline of body temperature leads to serious impairment, damage and death.

I wave my legs and fan out my arms trying to swim through the icy water, feeling like a million needles are stabbing my body.

I don't think I'm going to make it up to the surface.

But I suddenly feel a strong hand grab my arm, pulling me up onto the surface and I immediately gasp for air. I wipe my eyes trying to take a glimpse of the person who saved me, but the heavy rain hitting onto the face every millisecond makes it hard to see clearly.

 I wipe my eyes trying to take a glimpse of the person who saved me, but the heavy rain hitting onto the face every millisecond makes it hard to see clearly

But I just know who the person is—Jungkook.

He had come after me into the woods and didn't hesitate to come jump into the lake once I had fell off the cliff.

"Just keep swimming as much as you can and follow me," he sternly orders with a hint of panic in his voice. He lets go of my hand and looks around to find the direction of the house through the pouring rain and high currents of the lake waters. "It's important to keep your body moving as much as possible until we reach the shore. But if you get tired just let me know, I'll hold you!"

He turns around and starts swimming ahead. I follow him, trying to swim against the fast currents.

The waves around me roughly tossing me around like a rag doll. But I continue to swim through it, trying to keep up with him.