𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 16

[Y/n's POV]

I'm in my office trying hard to concentrate on my laptop screen. But I just couldn't. I keep thinking about what Jungkook had said, when he drove off.

I should really finish up on the work that I need to get done and in that way I can focus on the plan and get home early before he does.

My mind drifts off to the other night...

After the whole club brawl, Jimin drove me home to my penthouse.

"Really y/n? After all he had done to you?" Jimin scoffs. "He just says a few sentences and you automatically fall for it?" You can hear the irritation growing in his voice.

I just stayed quiet looking at the window, as tears continue to roll down my face.

I can't help but think about the last words Jungkook said to me. Did he really  mean it? All of it?

"I thought you've changed. But you're still that same y/n, always falling for everything. Especially when it comes to him," He said, with faint bitterness. "He literally has you whipped and you don't even know it."

I was emotionally unstable to utter any words, and I was kind of scared to say anything, considering how upset he looks. I have never seen him this upset before. Once, I got out of the car, he didn't even bother saying good bye to me. He just zoomed off.

When I got to my penthouse, I stayed up in my balcony for while, alone with my thoughts. I came into realization that Jimin's right. I can't allow myself to fall into any words that come out of Jungkook's mouth. He's just playing games with me—like he had always done.

I also can't switch up on Jimin, after all he had done for me. He was the one who had helped me become who I am today. I have to do this, not only for me, but for him as well.

The next night, after recollecting my thoughts, I drove to Jimin's house. I ended up finding him in the backyard, sitting alone, smoking his cigarette.

"I thought you quit smoking cigarettes?" I asked as I sat across him.

"I tried, but I really can't help it. There's always too much shit on my mind," He sighed, not paying any attention to me as he took a puff of his cigarette.

"Look Jimin, I..." I was trying to figure out the right words to say. "First I just want to say sorry. "

Jimin didn't answer just continued looking at the night view, as he exhaled smoke.

"Jimin, let's continue our plan," I blurted out. "The plan we had always planned on doing. I wanna get started on it."

I finally got his attention as he turned to look at me. Although at first he was hesitant and didn't really believe me. But I told him how sure I am and willing to do anything.

From then on, Jimin and I started planning that night. He told me that he had figured out, that there's a chip that Jungkook has.

"It contains all the information to his crime activity. If we have a hold of that, we not only get more information of him, but also have something against him. In that way, we can control him," Jimin cunningly said. "But the only thing is..." He heavily sighed. "There's only one downside to this..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"You would have to go inside Jungkook's house. I figured...that the only way to get that chip, is through gaining his trust. He keeps that locked up. Only you know your way around that house." He paused for a moment. "I really hate this but...you need to pretend to want to be with him."