𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Chapter 69

|| Sweet Night ||
My heart is pounding tonight
I wonder If you are too good to be true
And would it be alright if I
Pulled you closer

How could I know
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore
Guess we were ships in the night
_______________________
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

[ 𝗧𝗮𝗲𝗵𝘆𝘂𝗻𝗴'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

My eyes slowly flickers open as my vision becomes steady clear to see the white ceiling above me.

Where the fuck am I? Am I...in heaven?

I suddenly get hit with pain and a numbing sensation. I groan in agony, feeling disgruntled. But the sounds of a heart monitor signalling a steady heart beat brings me to reality. I'm in the hospital and there's electronic machines sitting on a cart with odd wires leading from it.

I glance down and see wires glue to my chest and coming up through the neck of my hospital gown and an IV on my arm.

Ugh. I hate hospitals.

I look on the other side of the bed and see a bouquet of fresh flowers, bottles of water and a fruit basket on the bedside table. I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort knowing the boys and y/n came.

My eyes shifts to the seat next to me that looks like it's been used. There's a wool grey cardigan and I smile, knowing who that belongs too. The thought of y/n being by my side, warms my heart as if I'm already healing.

I glance towards the window and realize it's night time. I scan the room trying to find the clock and I see one at the top wall across me. It's 8 PM.

"Hello, Mr. Kim," an old nurse walks in with a subtle smile. "How are you feeling? Do you know what happened?"

I open my mouth to speak but I feel my entire body weak. I take a deep breath trying to garner enough energy to speak. There's only one thing I want to know. "Do you know where the girl is that was sitting at my bedside? Her name is y/n."

"Yes, she was just here but left an hour ago," she answers softly. "She had said mentioned that she was heading to the chapel."

I immediately get myself up and take the wires off of me and this stupid blue gown. I refuse to be seen like this.

"Mr. Kim," she says calmly but sternly. "Please, try not to move. It is best that you lay down. You just woke up from your operation."

I ignore her as I finally removed all wires off of me. I glance down at my body realizing many bandages, knowing those are my gunshot wounds. But I feel my adrenaline and eagerness to see y/n, I really could care less at this moment.

I scramble to the bag on the table, hoping my clothes are there and luckily enough there are. They are nicely folded and smelling like a summer breeze. All these prepared for me. I guess they knew I was going to wake up afterall.

I remove my gown in-front of the nurse and she quickly turns around to give me my privacy. But she constantly tries to persuade me to get back to bed, only for me to ignore her. I finally put on a black basic shirt and grey sweatpants and head out the door towards the chapel.

I walk sluggishly feeling weak as I hold onto my wounds, the only thing keeping me going, is the thought of seeing y/n again after what I had thought was my final moment with her.