𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 63

Start from the beginning

"Whereas in the major cities we're all basically living in the fast lane, working our brains off in school and work, caring all about materialistic things. But here, you get to have a pause on that lifestyle and finally take a moment to breath..." he pauses for a second. "My life has always been on the go and I never really had time to really enjoy life until now."

His head nestles onto my shoulder, wrapping me in his arms firmly as he stares ahead in admiration of the serene nature in-front of us.

"Honestly, let's just live here," he suddenly says out of no where. "Let's leave Seoul, and live here in Boseong."

I get a sudden shock mix with a little excitement. "Are you serious?"

"No," he chuckles. "I would love too, but you know I can't. Plus, I wouldn't want to have my enemies come ruin this place and torment the people living here..."

His voice trails off as I get a sudden memory of the past.

Jungkook said the same thing too...

Jungkook had also wanted to live here when we came to stay here years ago. But all the plans and promises we had made are no longer valid. All that is left between us is pain while the happy memories are becoming distant. Our story isn't like the movies and books that I had always hoped in having. It's like modern fairy tale. There's no happily ever after.

Our love feels more like a forbidden love. All odds were against us, and we were unable to survive the attacks on our relationship. We were like star-crossed lovers, like Romeo and Juliet. Our love was doom to fail—and it did.

It was like a never ending cycle of pain with him. The only way to end this cycle...is to remove Jungkook out of my life completely.

It was dangerous to stay in the mind set I was in. These past four years, I look back to my younger self and realized how naive I was on how I viewed a real relationship. I remember just saying that those little arguments or fights that it was normal to have. I thought that was what love was suppose to be. But as I grow older, even though we had our great moments, I realize that it was such a dysfunctional relationship. Very toxic and so painful. It's only right to let that go for me to fully heal and move on and not make those same foolish mistakes.

I've given up on taking revenge on him. I let the rage I had for him long ago but it had resurfaced once he tortured Jimin. But now I just can't take it any longer. It isn't worth it. I just want peace now and that's with Jimin.

But I also hope Jungkook finds his peace—now that I'm out of the picture. He's better off without me.

"...but maybe one day we will live here with our future kids," Jimin says as I finally come back to reality.

Future kids?

Before I can speak, he comes to my side, turning my body to face him and lifts my chin up.

"Y/n, promise me you will never leave me?" His eyes holds great desperation as he looks down at me for my response. For a split second, I see Jungkook's brown loving eyes. He had asked the same exact thing to me.

 He had asked the same exact thing to me