𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

The lighting in this room brought out the brilliance of the diamonds and showcased the rich colours of semi-precious stones

But nothing really stood out. I mean, they were all beautiful, but nothing really felt special to me.

"I want to make a custom-made ring," I advised the jeweller.

He sat still with his full attention but I can tell there's fear in his eyes that he's trying hard to hide.

"I want a massive emerald-cut diamond ring, about 24 carats," I explained to him with diligence, ignoring his fear towards me. "I want to also incorporate two smaller diamonds on each side, from one of my mother's jewellery collection."

He looked at me blinking his eyes as if he never heard someone say this before. "Sir, the process usually takes about a month and a half," he paused for a second to clear his throat, "but for you we can definitely have it done in three weeks as the earliest, and the ring will approximately be worth 5.5 billion won."

"Done," I instantly said, as I pulled out my black card. "Just make sure the ring looks beautiful. It will be given to someone worth much much more...than that ring."

The cost definitely wasn't an issue for me. I just wanted the ring to be special and meaningful. A one of kind, the world can never have. Only she would be wearing it. A ring that she will be wearing for a lifetime.

We later went on discussing more into details on exactly how I wanted the ring to look like. After we had finished, I headed towards home.

I have three weeks until I can get that ring. I was already thinking of how I was going to propose to her. I want to make it the most special day for her. A day she will never forget.

I can feel myself already getting nervous, from the thought of proposing to her again. The first time I had proposed, I didn't give any fucks. I just needed her to marry me. I didn't care about the commitments it came with. But now I understand the gravity of what proposing is all about. It's like asking her to spend the rest of her life with me and committing myself to her. And I think I'm ready to make that lifetime commitment—with her.

But will she even say, yes?

I was nearing home, when I suddenly get a call from y/n's executive assistant, Seri.

Seri had been working for me. I had paid her more money than what y/n was paying her to have her keep her eye out on y/n for me and report everything to me.

I pressed answer on my car screen, feeling my heart already racing.

"Mr. Jeon," her voice trembled loud onto the speakers of my car.