𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

Then painful memories interrupts my mind. But Hana came just in time to push those thoughts away, as she places a jug of water, a wine glass, and a wine bottle on the coffee table.

But before she could leave, I ask her, "Hana, if you don't mind me asking, where's Maria?"

Her expression suddenly changes. "Um, s-she doesn't work here anymore."

"What do you mean?" I ask, feeling my heart aching. I was also shocked, since I knew Maria has been working here before Jungkook was even born. She became like a second mother to him.

"I'm not really allowed to disclose that information, Ms. Jeon," she answers cautiously. "The staff were told not to speak of her again."

"Told by who?"

"M-Mrs. Hyori," She stutters, looking nervous. I didn't respond back, as she bows and leaves. She looks to be in a hurry.

Hearing Hyori's name, made me feel so angry. I can feel deep emotion, starting to resurface. It reminded me of everything, she had done. She deserves hell, from all the shit she had put me through. She made me feel dumb, useless and worthless.

Moments later, I was growing impatient sitting there. I decided to make use of the time and look around.

The first thing I did, was to look at my old room. I went in and the place still looks the exact same. It's like I never left.

I went into the balcony, where I stayed most of the time in this house

I went into the balcony, where I stayed most of the time in this house. It felt so nostalgic. It was my safe haven in this house. It felt really great to be standing there again, looking out onto the view that I had always brought me comfort.

This is still the same place and view, but I'm a different person now. I'm not the same as I used to be.

I wanted to look inside Jungkook's room, the one we both shared. I was hesitant at first but I was too curious. I tried opening it but it was locked. Of course he would have it locked.

I continue to look around and make my way to the kitchen.