Chapter 29: New Allies! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 3, 2020, 1 PM)

              Brian gasps as if everything was coming together. "Maybe she's after Mer-Folk!" He exclaims. Then he clamps his mouth shut as people around staring at him. Kylie waves her hand at them. "We are making a story for a contest." Then she looks at Brian. "Then the hero and her friends can hatch a plan to defeat the evil Mermaid, ending the reign of her power-stealing ways once and for all!" She yells and smacks her hands together in victory. Jakobe, Brian, and her brother staring at her confused. Then everyone who was previously staring at Brian returns to their conversations and continues to eat.

"Nice distraction." Jakobe compliments Kylie's acting abilities. "Seriously nice acting. Did you try out for the play?" Brian asks. Kylie nods. "Yes, I did. I'm hoping I got Ariel." Nicholas nudges his sister. "I know you did sis. There is no way you didn't." Kylie smiles at him. "I don't want to get my hopes up bub. But I think I did really good at auditions." She says excitedly."

Brian smiles at her. "I'm sure you got Ariel. What you managed to pull a minute ago, was brilliant." He says. Jakobe smiles at her too. "It was." Then he lowers his voice. "And really close to what we are dealing with right now. So what do we think about trusting Matt?"

Brian shrugs. "I think we should try. He may be our best bet to answers." Jakobe nods. "I don't like the guy. But I'd have to agree. And he said he knows Finn, so he may know more about how he has merman abilities and no tail." Nicholas nods. "That's all true." He looks at his sister, who has been silent this entire time. "I'm sorry sis, but I think we should give him a chance." Kylie huffs annoyed. Nick bumps her shoulder. "Just like we gave Finn a chance. Matt may not be a bad guy." Kylie rolls her eyes. "Why do you have to be so convincing." Nick smiles. "Because that's what I do best. " 

Kylie gives her brother a sideways glance and smiles as she looks at Brian and Jakobe. "Okay." She says as she places her hands on the table. "I'll give him a chance, but if he screws up or tries anything with me then I'm done with trusting him and I won't be around you guys if he's around." She says firmly and stands up. Nicholas sighs. "Sis. You can't do that. We have to be a team in order to fight." Jakobe smiles. "He's right. He's young but smart. We have to stick together, even if certain people don't like other certain people." Brian nods. "Exactly. You think I like being around Kaylee all the time when she talks about other guys. Cause I don't. But I deal with it because you guys are my friends and we need to stick together because we have no idea what is out there." Brian points around him. Kylie sits back down when she senses something.

"Okay. I hear you guys. And I will tolerate him." She says as she frantically looks around. Brian gets the same feeling too. He looks at her. "Someone is here." They say together. Jakobe and Nicholas look at their siblings confused. Then they see the fright on their face. Then they start to get worried. "What's going on?" Nick asks, looking around. 

Brian and Kylie look at him. "I think it's dangerous. I don't know. I've never felt that feeling before." Brian looks at Kylie. "I have. And it is danger you felt." Jakobe looks at his brother. "What should we do?" He asks worriedly. Brian looks near the beginning of the Crab Shack road. The intersection where Kylie and Nick got lost the first time they found the crab shack. "It's Matt." Kylie looks to the place he's looking and focuses. "Oh my gosh! I can see him too!" She says astonished. "That's so cool!" She says amazed by her Super Sight power. " And not good. I told you he's not to be trusted." She says snapping back into reality as she looks at Jakobe. Brian stops peering into the distance and looks at Kylie. "I don't think he is the danger we felt." Kylie scowls. "What are you talking about. We both felt danger. Then we see him. Badda boom! The danger is him!" She points toward the road.

Brian tilts his head. "You are somewhat correct. But I don't think HE IS the danger." Brian retorts. "I think we may be feeling his emotions. Which may not even be dangerous. We may be feeling fright or worry. Sometimes they can be confused with danger if the person is far away." Brian explains. "It's happened to me before." He shrugs embarrassed. He points at Kylie. "With Finn actually." Kylie's eyes widen. "What?" Brian nods. "Yeah. Before you moved here, one day at school I thought I felt danger. I saw Finn and I thought he was the danger, so I, unfortunately, told the girl he was walking to, to run and never speak to him again. She did without hesitation, but then he walked up to me, and then I felt his emotions. He was frightened and worried. That was after his aunt abruptly left him."