CHAPTER 50:BondMates & Oath Sworn Warriors!Part 1

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2023

Wednesday April 4th,2018(2 months, 4 weeks, 6 days.)

( 1 month, 3 weeks, 5 days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 4 weeks, 2 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 14 days(2 weeks, 1 day)

"I hate that I have to choose between you two." Kylie says her voice cracking. Kylie sighs saddened by Gabriel's recent news on the Double Bonds.

Matt groans as he looks around outside of the back of the School. He sits down at the steel picnic table and sighs. "I'm sorry." Matt says as he recognizes the sad and worried look on Kylie's face. Matt lets out a long and winded sigh. "So why did they cancel school again?" He asks, looking up from his Marine Biology book.

Kylie blinks quickly and looks up from her phone. She lets out a groan. "Because they found another teacher dead." Kylie answers, her voice wavering.

Matt gasps. "What?!" He yells startled. "Who?" He leans forward, closer to Kylie's face. "We are never going to have a 2 week break. These scool cancellations and letting us out early is messing with the schedule." He groans annoyed. "How many teachers is that now?"

Kylie shakes her head. "I'm not sure who it was." "There have been 6 in total, who have been killed or brutally hurt. But only about 3 now who are dead."

She swallows hard as she holds back the emotions of the murder of another teacher. And the emotions that are running through her head since Matt is so close to her. "The person seemed to be stricken in the head with a blunt object and they had several bite marks on them and also electric marks on them." Kylie explains. "The teacher also had dirt under his fingernails."

"Kleodora!" Matt growls through his teeth.

Kylie nods. "Yeah." Kylie spits out the response like a sour lemon. Matt reaches for her hand and looks into her eyes. "I'll stand next to you at defeating her." Kylie smiles and then she sighs. "About that." She says.

Matt looks at her. "What is it?" Matt says, his voice strained.

Kylie sighs. "I was thinking about giving up my Mermaid side so I wouldn't have to worry about choosing between you and Finn and I'd be free of Kleodora's vendetta against me."

Matt groans. Then he chuckles. Then he does something that shocks Kylie to her core. He drops her hand on the steel table and her Mermaid promise ring dings off the table. Matt growls at Kylie and Kylie flinches shocked. She sits there for a moment startled and silent.

"You can't do that Kye." Matt says through clenched teeth, after a few minutes go by. Kylie shrugs. Matt shakes his head. "If you do that, then you'd be giving up EVERYTHING that you've gained as a Mer-Folk. Including me AND Finn." Matt says grimly.

Kylie sighs and stares at Matt. "I know. But I can't deal with all these changes and drama and chaos anymore Matt. You don't understand. It's beyond stressful." Matt groans.

"I understand." Matt reaches for her hand and smiles at Kylie. "But you don't understand how much you'd be giving up Kylie. You can't give up on us Kye." Matt says, his voice weak. Kylie looks at his pale face.

She lets out a long breath. "I know. I don't want to." She groans. "I'm not sure why I even changed my mind, but I can't see you guys get hurt from the battle or from me choosing one of you guys." Kylie explains.

Matt rolls hos eyes. "So you are just going to give us BOTH up AND your Mermaid Identity and we'd never rememebr meeting you?" Matts voice deepens annoyed.

He looks at her with a smile. "Why can't you choose both of us? I can be your Warrior and Protector and Finn will be your Bond Mate." Matt says.

Kylie sighs. "I don't know. I'm still thinking about what I want to do Matt. Things are too complicating right now. Especially since I haven't got back either test results back from the clinic. And Kaylee's treatments aren't going too well. She's getting really sick from them. And Evie has been having more memories from her childhood and Nicholas isn't taking any of this well. His seizures has increased."

Matt reaches over the table and grabs her hand. He looks into her big brown eyes. "I'm sorry Kylie." Matt lets out an exhausted breath. He shakes his head and looks down at his hand intertwined with hers. "I didn't know any of that was going on."

Kylie looks at his pale face. "I know. Because I didn't want you to worry. It's not your job to worry about my baggage and drama." Kylie says plainly.

Matt scoffs. "I doubt you are rirght about that." Matt retorts. He gribs her hand tighter. "Finn isn't the only one who chose you as a Bond Mate. I did too and that makes it my duty to worry and protect you." Matt says. "And that's why I have to ask if the Rape Test came back with any DNA?"

Kylie groans. "I said nether came back."

Matt groans frustrated. "But I thought that you meant just the STD tests."

Kylie groans. "Those were clear. So was the Pregnancy tests." Kylie sighs relieved.

Matt stares at her shocked. "Pregnancy tests?" Matt swallows hard. "You thought they got you pregnant?" He growls protectively.

Kylie nods. "Yeah. Thankfully they didn't. I think people from school still think I am, despite be going back to my..." Kylie relizes that she hasn't told Matt about her Celibacy meetings at school.

Matts eyebrows furrow. "Back to what?" He asks curiously. He tries to read her mind, but she must be blocking his powers somehow. "Never mind. It's none of my business."