Chapter 33: Just Add Chaos! Part 4

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 7, 2021 UPDATED: AUGUST 2, 2021 11:20 AM

Jakobe looks at Finn and Kylie. Then he looks at Matt. His eyes widen. He leans forward and lowers his voice. "When Brian hit Kleodora with his Electricity Ball, it fried her." He says as the answered clicks. Matt looks at him, his eyes widen. Finn, Kylie, Matt, and Kaylee look at him. "Kleodora!" They mutter together. Jakobe nods. "I believe so." Matt scowls. "Another reason to hate that evil bitch." He exclaims angered by the murder of their teacher. He scratches his head. "But I don't understand why there were bite marks on him."

"Maybe she's a vampire." Kaylee chuckles. Matt's mouth drops open. She looks around her wondering why everyone is staring at her. "Did I say that out loud?" She asks nervously. Kylie nods. "Oh." Kaylee says. Matt grunts. "I think we are going into a war." He says. Jakobe looks at him confused. "A war?" "What?" Finn says. Matt nods. He looks at Kylie, her face blank and her eyes wide. His heart suddenly drops when he notices the fear in her eyes. "Did you sense something bad earlier?" He asks her. Kylie blinks quickly. She shakes her head and stays silent. "This definitely isn't good then." Finn stares Matt down. "Why isn't it good?" "What aren't you telling us?" He demands. Matt looks at Finn and Kylie. His focus remains on Kylie. "I think Evie's vision was about Kleodora. And us." 

"I think there may be a new threat we have to worry about." He says locking eyes with Kylie. Finn growls. Kaylee and Jakobe look at him freaked out. Finn rolls his eyes. "If it involves all of us then why are you staring at my girlfriend." He demands, a primal growl coming out of his mouth again. Matt looks to Finn, the growl not phasing him. "Because I care about her. This Double Bond doesn't mean that I just have physical urges. I have emotional connections to her too." Finn slams his fists on the table and leaps across the table, but before he can grab Matt; Kylie pulls him back. "Finn stop!" She pleads. Finn sits down and looks at her. Kylie looks at him and flinches at the color of his eyes. Matt sighs. "That's not the first time I've seen them turn that color." Matt says, looking at Finn's Scarlet Red eyes. Kylie shakes her head. "I have too. The first time you approached us at Moanie." Finn looks at Kylie, then to Matt. "I'm sorry Matt." His voice was still a little brash. Matt shrugs. "I get it. This Double Bond isn't easy." Matt says looking at Kylie. Finn growls again.

"Finn. You need to chill." Kaylee interrupts. Finn looks at her. "I get that you both have emotional ties to her and have..." She gags. "....physical urges." "But you need to get better at controlling your anger." Matt laughs. Kaylee scowls at Matt. "And so do you, Matt. If you both don't grow up; neither of you will have Kylie. Because if I were her, I'd drop both of you guys because you are acting like children." Kylie lets out a long sigh of exhaustion and rolls her eyes. She points at Kylie sitting at the table, her eyes looking tired and constantly switching glances between Matt and Finn. "Don't you guys care what this is doing to her?" She says pointing at her sister. Kylie looks at Kaylee, to the left of her and smiles weakly. "Thanks." She says super quietly. "No problem. For someone who doesn't notice things that often; I've even noticed the stress this Double Bond thing is doing to you." Kaylee says, her voice changing. "Remember that you get to chose who you want to be with. You don't even have to be with either one." Kaylee says to Kylie and looks up to Finn and looks to Matt and smirks. "Actually. I think she does have to choose one of us." Kaylee rolls her eyes, along with her head. "Does the Mer-Law say that?" Kaylee questions him. Matt clasps his hands together and rests his chin on them. "I have no idea." He hesitates for a moment. "I'm actually not sure if it's in the Mer-Law to have to be Bonded to someone by 25." He says racking his brain. Kaylee laughs. "There actually is a Mer-Law?" She asks. Finn looks at her and nods. "There is. And that's why Kylie is the ONLY one who gets to chose one of us. In Double Bonding's it's the female who makes the final decision. But in a regular Bonding; the Merman chooses his mate and the female is able to say yes or no. But if she says no, the Merman will have to wait 3 months before he can choose another mate." Matt looks at Finn. He smirks, impressed that Finn remembered everything he told him. Kaylee sighs. "That's so much to remember." Finn shrugs. " Not really."

Jakobe looks at them and sighs. "Maybe one thing we should figure out is if Kylie has to choose along with how to defeat that bitch." Kaylee laughs. "I totally agree." "I want to hurt her so much for hurting Brian." She says. Jakobe smirks. She looks at him and looks down at the table. "Does your brother ever talk about me?" She looks back up to Jakobe. He rolls his eyes. "Seriously?" He asks her. He leans closer. "That's all he does when he's not around you." Kaylee smiles and she can feel her cheeks warm up. "Really?" Jakobe shakes his head. "Absolutely." Finn leans over Kylie to look at Kaylee. "I even know that." He laughs. "He's crazy about you Kaylee. He needs to gain some guts and just ask you out." Kaylee smiles and her heart races. Kylie smiles at her sister. She playfully bumps her with her shoulder. "I told ya." Kylie says smirking at her.

Matt looks at Kylie and sighs adoring Kylie's smile. Kylie gives him a side glance and he can feel his face heat up. He hopes she will figure out her feelings for him before it's too late. He knows she has feelings for him, but she doesn't want to mess things up with Finn. Matt can somewhat understand that, but he wants Kylie more than anything he's ever wanted. He looks at Kylie and Kaylee talking and he senses a strong emotion from her. He channels his powers and senses a tense and warm feeling radiating from her. His heart races. "She already knows how she feels. She's just pushing it away." He mumbles to himself as he looks at her talking with Kaylee. He looks to Finn and notices that Finn is staring at him. He scowls at him. He is careful to lower his voice, so Finn won't hear him. "Pushing it away to be with him." He quietly says to himself, feeling defeated and lost.