Chapter 27: Afterwards! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 1, 2020, 12:15 PM)

                Kylie's face begins to redden. She sighs annoyed. "I can't deal with more bad news either!" She yells, causing everyone to jump. Finn looks at her questioningly. "None of us can Kye. But we are all in this together remember." Kylie rolls her eyes. "I wish that was true. I don't seem to be in the loop with things anymore." She says angrily. She tosses her hands up frustrated. "I mean our parents kept a major secret from us for years. And so much crazy crap has happened recently." She says looking at Evie and Kayle. Nicholas looks at his sister completely understanding, but he's also a little confused and worried about his sister's sudden outburst.

A part of him feels more understanding. No one tells him things because they think he's too young. They don't ask for his advice because they think he's too young. "I know the feeling." He says quietly looking at his sisters. Brian looks at him worried. Then he decides he'll talk to him about that later.

"Kaylee has Leukemia Kye." Evie says calmly. " I know we all are going through our own issues, but we shouldn't make her feel worse than she already feels by complaining about our problems." She finishes. Kylie looks at Evie and rolls her eyes. "I don't have issues." She says grimly. Then she releases her grip on Kaylee's hand, stands up, and walks past Finn. Finn gently stops her and looks in her eyes. "Hey. They weren't saying that Kye. Are you okay?" He says worried soothingly. "We can talk if you need to. Just you and me." Finn says, offering her a chance to let out her feelings and worries. After a minute goes by, Kylie tilts her head as murderers do in horror movies, right before they strike to kill. Finn jumps back as he notices her eyes are a deep red. He foolishly lets Kylie walk past him and away from the group. Finn's eyes open wide, absolutely startled by Kylie's demeanor.

"What was that?" Jakobe gasps startled. Brian looks at Finn worried. "Did you see her eyes?" He asks. Finn nods. "Yes." He says breathlessly. "Did you guys." He faces, to look at Jakob and Brian. Jakobe and Brian nod together. Nicholas whimpers. "I did too. That was really scary and weird." Finn looks at Nick and walks over and hugs him. "I don't know what's been going on with your sister," Finn admits. "But I'm worried about her."

Kaylee speaks up. "What the heck is going on." She demands. Finn lets go of Nicholas and looks at Kaylee and Evie. "Her eyes were red. Lately, she's been acting strange. Her moods are out of control along with her powers." Finn informs them of what has been going on lately. Evie sighs. "How long have you been keeping this from us?" Finn shrugs. "Maybe about a month. I thought it was just her Mermaid emotions." He says sadly. "But I think it may be more. I'm not sure." He then looks at Brian hoping to get some input. Brian shrugs confused. "I don't know what that was. I didn't get that weird." Jakobe nods. "He didn't. His eyes never glowed red and he never acted like a zombie." Jakobe says worriedly.

"That." Kaylee points to where Kylie walked past them. "Was not JUST mermaid stuff. I'm not one to understand, but I'm pretty sure, that wasn't normal." Brian nods. "It's not. I've only heard of something like that if the mermaid was being controlled or maybe she is turning onto a Siren. Like the typical mermaid stories you hear about." He says remembering things he found when he did a lot of research when he transformed. Kaylee shakes her head. So does Evie. "I don't think that was it." Evie says. Finn shrugs. "Maybe it is. When she passed me, she acted like she was being possessed." Kaylee looks at Finn and sighs exhausted.

Then Brian looks at her concerned and runs up next to her. He sits down where Kylie was sitting. He reaches for her hand and looks at her beautiful face. "You want to leave? Do you need anything? Are you okay?" Brian nervously rambles. He tightly smiles at her. Kayle smiles back. Then Evie looks at him and starts to laugh at his pathetic attempt to get her attention. Then she notices he's being sincere. So she decides to smile instead. 

Kaylee shakes her head. "I don't need anything. But I do want to go home." She looks at him and smiles. "For some reason, I'm already exhausted and I'm done with all this drama." She looks at the group. "Sorry. I really do hope Kylie is okay. But I can't deal with this right now." Everyone nods understanding. Finn smiles. "Kylie would want you to get some rest too." Nick looks at Finn and nods. "She would. And I hope you know that she didn't mean to go off like that. I don't think that was her." He says sounding upset. Kaylee nods. "I know. I'm worried about her." She says sadly. Then Evie grasps Kaylee's hand. "I know we aren't super close right now. But you still are my sister. And I hope you are okay." Evie sighs trying to say what she really wanted to say. "And I love you, Kaylee." She smiles at her. Kaylee's mouth hangs open shocked to hear Evie say that. Evie has usually been the type to bottle up emotions and be a 'closed off' kind of person. Kaylee always thought it was because of her going from foster home to foster home. And now Kaylee is sure of that. Kaylee smiles back at her half-sister. "I love you too Evie." She says, holding back her tears. Evie wipes a few tears that are trickling down her face. "Go home and de-stress and get some rest. And don't worry about Kylie. We can worry about her. You just try to stay healthy." Evie says as she lets go of Kaylee's hand and tells everyone bye. Then she walks off.

Kaylee watches Evie walk away. Brian looks at the smile on Kaylee's face. He remembers that he hasn't seen her smile for a long time. And it makes him really happy to see her beautiful smile. Kaylee shifts her gaze back to Brian and changes her expression. Her smile is more shy than happy and relieved. She grabs his hand and squeezes it. "Thank you for asking if I needed anything. I...." She gets chocked up on her words. She shakes her head suddenly changing what she was going to say. "I appreciate you." She smiles. Brian sighs, a little upset, but he keeps a smile on his face. He thought she was going to say 'I love you.' But he'll take anything she says that's not sarcastic or cruel.

"I'll take you home to your mom Kaylee." Jakobe smiles at her sympathetically. Kaylee sighs, knowing that particular look is going to get very annoying. Sympathetic head tilts are going to be her new normal.