Chapter 9: Newly Formed! Part 3

First Uploaded: 2013-2014  Dates updated: January or February 2018 October Jan. 13, 2020

She smacks herself across the for-head not allowing the thoughts to go any farther. "I came here to find that cave. And dang flabbit I'm going to find it!" She exclaims.

She heads left, certain it's the way she and Nicholas went the last time. On her way through the crowded, lush green forests, she prays she finds the cave without being harmed.

Along the way, she hears odd noises. She pauses in front of a rock shaped like a heart with gems all over it. She bends down and inspects the beautiful rock. She touches it and she feels a breeze behind her. She quickly turns around and looks around the empty woods. A child-like cackle echoes through the woods. She is startled because she just thought she just felt the wind. But she looks up at the trees and around her. By the surplus amount of trees, vines, and hills; she probably wouldn't have felt the wind that closely.

She puts her phone in her back pocket and looks ahead of her as her heart is racing. She came to find the cave, but she may not be alone. So, she contemplates whether or not to go home or continue on her quest. Then words spark her memory from the last time. She remembers Nicholas mentioning something about a heart-shaped rock on their way to the cave. Kylie wasn't completely paying attention because she was trying to get service to see if Jacob called.

She looks around ignoring the possible voices and realizes familiar trees. She looks ahead and continues her way to the cave, sure that she's going the correct way now. She walks several feet cautiously aware if anyone pops out of the trees. She takes her eyes off a couple of trees full of bananas and looks ahead.

Shaking with fear, she slowly walks toward the cave opening. She wipes her clammy palms on her ugly shorts. She can't wrap her mind around why she's so suddenly afraid. She came to find the cave. And now she's staring at it and she is hesitating to go in? But Why? The voices, noises, and the gust of air? Maybe it's all a sign she shouldn't go in. Could there be something dark and dangerous in the dark abyss?

She stares at the entrance as if waiting for the light to summon her in. On cue, the bright blue light fills the tunnel entrance. She raises her arm to shield her eyes because the light is so blinding. The light dims slightly, just enough for her to lower her arm.

She walks into the mysterious tunnel hesitantly at first but pushes past her anxiety. The tunnel entrance is chilly and steep. Kylie walks over each large rock being sure to not fall down the long roll to the bottom. She presses her hands against the sides of the tunnel for stability. Slowly, she makes her way down through the steep tunnel and into the gorgeous cave. If it wasn't for the light, the tunnel would have been pitch black. It's more beautiful than she could have imagined.

She dusts her hands off and looks around the enclosed cave in awe. It's not a typical cave she usually tours in West Virginia at Seneca Caverns or Smokehole. This one doesn't have stalagmites or stalactites.

She looks around taking in that the walls are rocky with an unusual sparkle. Not the kind of cave sparkle she sees in West Virginia caverns. A different kind of sparkle. A sparkle that looks like gemstones or glitter. She walks over to the wall and touches it, it's cold just as the tunnel is.

She takes note that the wall has to have something in them. But she's not sure what. She walks away and looks above her to notice the ceiling is like the walls, except, they don't have a shimmery look to them. They just have a rocky look to it. The ground she's standing on is a mixture of light-colored sand and what looks like chipped pieces of rock that match the outside of the cave.

She bends down picking up a handful of sand and lets the coarse grains of sand run through her fingers as she stares at the pool of clear blue water just feet in front of her.