Chapter 33: Just Add Chaos! Part 1

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 7, 2021   UPDATED: AUGUST 2, 2021 11:16 AM

Just two days after meeting at Moanie Island; everyone is back at school for the week. Jakobe, Finn, and Kylie are sitting at their usual table closest to the entrance of the Cafeteria. They always like to be the first ones out of the Cafeteria after lunch is over. The pile-up of students is always a pain to deal with, so they started sitting near the doors to leave first. "What are we going to do about this stupid Bond?" Kylie huffs, stirring her Hot Tea. Finn sighs. He looks up from his Construction book at Jakobe, who is also looking in his Construction book. "It's not stupid." He says plainly. Kylie looks at Finn. She scoots her hand closer to his. Their pinky's touching. "With us, it's not. But I wish Matt wasn't involved." She sighs.

Finn closes his book and turns toward Kylie. He takes a deep breath and smiles at her. "Of course it's not with us." He looks around the oddly quiet cafeteria. He ignores why no one is talking about how their weekend was and looks back at Kylie. "But Kylie," Finn pauses. "I don't think it's stupid at all." Kylie's eyes widen and Jakobe looks up from his book, his eyes wide also.

Finn looks at her and sighs. "It's a Mer-Folk's right to bond and it's a sacred ritual that is stronger and more binding than a human marriage." Kylie looks up at Finn and sighs. "But I wish Matt wasn't involved." She blurts out. Finn grabs her hand, he suddenly drops it when he feels the warmth radiating from her. "You like him." He says, his eyes watering. Kylie's eyes widen and her heart drops to her chest. "What." She says weekly.

A moment passes and he looks away from her and looks at Jakobe. Jakobe shrugs. "Sorry, bro." He says sympathetically. Kylie gently touches Finn's arm. "I guess you sensed my feelings. Kylie says. Finn nods. "Yeah." He looks at her, his eyes are glassy. He sniffles and wipes a tear off his face. "I reckon this Double Bond situation is going to be even more difficult." He grabs her hand with both of his. "Now since I know you like Matt. And according to him and the stuff I researched online; the Mermaid chooses her BondMate." He sighs looking at Kylie. Kylie smiles. "Yeah. I know, he told me too." She takes her free hand and places it on top of his hands enveloping her other one. "I love you, Finn." She says quietly. Finn's heart beats fast and he can feel his body relax. "I hope you choose me. But if you don't, I'll always love you." He says, admitting the truth. "But, I wouldn't be happy seeing you with him." He says. Kylie nods. "I know. And we haven't had our first date yet, but I know I love you." Kylie ignores the tightening in her chest. "And my feelings for him are confusing right now, so I just want to give us a try first Finn. Can we do that?" She asks almost out of breath. Finn smiles and lets go of her hand and rub both of her hands with his. He looks down at them, shaking like crazy. He entangles his hands with hers. "Kye. Breath. Everything is okay." He assures her. Kylie nods trying to get her breathing under control. He lets go of one of her hands and pushes a piece of blond hair behind her ear. He presses his forehead to hers. "Just pray Kye. Just Pray. Talk to God. He's here, I'm here. It's okay. Release the anxiety onto HIM and let him take care of you." He advises her. She inhales short breaths and exhales long breaths. But it doesn't help anything. She tries to takes deep breaths instead and that also doesn't help, that just makes it worse.

She clutches her chest with her hands. Finn looks at her startled. He looks at Jakobe hopelessly. "I've never seen her this bad before." He says worriedly. "Maybe giver her, her anxiety medicine." Jakobe says pointing at Kylie's bag. Finn looks at Kylie's Little Mermaid Mini Backpack and grabs it. He faces Kylie and unzips it and searches around inside. He finds one medicine bottle and reads the label and nods. "This is it." He mumbles to himself. He opens the bottle and takes a pill out. He takes a handoff off Kylie's chest and place the pill in her hand and gives her a small water bottle out of her bag.