Chapter 33: Just Add Chaos! Part 3

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 7, 2021 UPDATED: AUGUST 2, 2021 11:19 AM

"He's dead." Finn is jarred from his overwhelming thoughts by Kaylee's hysterical crying. 'That must be why it's been so quiet and grim this morning.' Finn says silently to himself.

Kaylee sits next to Kylie and looks across the table at Jakobe. She wipes her eyes to gather herself. She doesn't want to make eye contact with her sister because she knows she won't able to keep it together. Finn, Kylie, and Jakobe gasp startled. Kylie puts her elbows on the table and puts her face in her hands. Shaking her head back and forth. "No. He can't be." She says denying it. Kaylee looks next to her and sighs. Saddened by her sister's reaction. Kaylee knows he was her favorite teacher. Heck, he was her favorite teacher too. He was the only teacher who let her catch up on homework when they didn't have any work to do in class. Finn looks at Kylie, then he looks at Kaylee. "What happened." He asks. "He was found in his room by Mr. Bates, the new Choir teacher," Kaylee says saddened. Jakobe sighs. "Wow. That must have been terrible for the new teacher." Finn nods agreeing. He looks down at his Construction book, still stunned by the news.

"Do you know anything else?" Kaylee shakes her head. "All I heard was that the new Choir teacher said he saw that the walls outside of Mr. Rites' room were covered in blood." Everyone at the table gasps. "That's awful!" Kylie sobs. "What kind of person could do such a thing!" Finn grunts. "A murderer." Kaylee, Kylie, and Jakobe nod. Kaylee shakes her head. "Mr. Bates also said he saw burn marks and bite marks on him too." Finn, Kylie, and Jakobe look at each other. "Burn marks? Someone tried to burn him?" Finn asks him. Kaylee shakes her head. "No. Mr. Bates told the police that it looked like" "Electric burns." Someone else's voice is heard, interrupting Kaylee. Kylie, Kaylee, Jakobe, and Finn look up to see a tall guy with dark long hair pulled into a ponytail standing next to the end of the table. Finn scowls, while Kylie's heart drops to her stomach. Meanwhile, Kaylee and Jakobe just stare at Matt.

"Manuia le taeao." He says looking at Kylie. Her head swiftly looks up to Matt. "Ummmm..." She cocks her head. "Good morning to you too. How do you know Samoan?" She asks him. He looks at Jakobe and he nods at him. Matt nods back. Then he nods at Kaylee. She doesn't do anything. He shrugs it off. "My family is 20% Samoan; 60% Polynesian; and 20% Greek." He explains. "Or shall I say our family?" He says looking at Finn.

Finn rolls his eyes. He grunts annoyed. Kylie looks at Finn's red face. She sighs exhausted. "Finn." He takes his eyes away from glaring at Matt. "Sorry, Kye. I can't look at him without getting pissed." He looks at Kylie and forces a smile. She glances at Matt and back to Finn. "You are related to him, whether you like it or not." She says annoyed. Finn nods. "I know." He looks to Matt and nods. Matt nods back at him and sits next to Jakobe. Jakobe scowls at him as he sits next to him.

"So Mr. Bates said he saw Electric burns on Mr.Rite?" Kaylee says changing the subject. Kylie looks at her and whispers 'thank you.' Kaylee nods at her and smiles.

"That's exactly what he said. He also said he saw to small puncture wounds on his neck and abdomen." Finn cringes. "That's peculiar." "Those two together." Finn says. Jakobe looks at him and then to Matt. "It is." He lets out a long sigh. "I assume you know more?" Jakobe looks at Matt. Matt looks at Finn. "Not entirely. I just know that there was a lot of blood outside of his room on the floor, and on the walls. But there was barely any blood inside of his room nor was there any blood at all around him." Kylie's heart drops to her stomach, suddenly feeling the bad sensation again.