Chapter 29: New Allies! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 3, 2020, 1 PM)

              "I can't believe he's a merman too!" Kylie whispers astonished, as she puts her Marine Biology book down on the Picnic Table. "I'm glad we decided to meet here. It's a lot more open, and less to be targeted by anything mystical." Kylie says relieved, as she looks around the outside seating area of the Crab Shack. Kyle nods. "Me too. I'm worried about you sis. I don't want anything else to happen to you." Nicholas says worriedly toward his sister. Kylie smiles sweetly at her little brother. She places a hand lightly on his shoulder. "Don't be. That's why we are meeting today." She says as she watches the people around her crowd into the Crab Shack. "I know. We couldn't believe it either. He has some serious powers, Kylie. I don't know who he is or where he came from, but he is really powerful."

"Or if we can trust him." Brian says as he walks up to the table and sits next to Jakobe. He lays his large smoothie down on the table and takes a big sip from it. Jakobe looks at his brother and his eyebrows raise. Brian smirks. He leans in closer to his brother to be sure no one can hear him. "Merman hearing remember." Jakobe nods, feeling a little ignorant. "Oh right. I always forget about that."

Kylie chuckles. "It's funny how you can forget about that, but not about the things that can shoot from his hands." Kylie whispers over the table." Jakobe's eyes squint confused. "Oh yeah. Mermaid hearing." He rolls his eyes. "I hate being out of the loop." Nicholas snorts, causing Jakobe to look at him. "Sorry. Forgot I'm not the only one." Nick nods. "Nope. Sure aren't. By the way. Kaylee and Evie hate it too." Jakobe nods. "It sucks." Nick nods in agreement. They sit there in silence for a moment.

"And super hearing never got us out of trouble." Jakobe says, breaking the silence. Brian rolls his eyes. Then he punches Jakobes shoulder. "It did so. Yesterday to be exact. And last week when Mr. Sanders almost busted us for skipping class." Jakobe nods. "Oh yeah. I guess you are right." Brian nods. "Yeah, I am." He looks at Jakobe and shakes his head. "For an older brother, you can be clueless sometimes." Then he chuckles as he playfully punches Jakobe in the shoulder again. Except for this time his brother isn't phased by it. He stares blankly at the pool where his brother was turned. "Well, maybe it's because an evil Mermaid is after us and we just recently met another Merman who we don't know if we can trust yet." Brian looks at his brother and follows his gaze at the pool. He takes a sip of his smoothie.

"Jakobe is right. Ever since Matt made his appearance at my house and we had to go out to dinner with him and his family, I haven't been able to think straight. And him showing up on Moanie and the weird things happening on Moanie and your guys' experience yesterday at the park is wigging me out." Kylie blurts out.

Jakobe takes his eyes off of the pool and looks at Kylie. "I know. I'm thinking that woman may have been the thing that shocked you that day in the cave pool when you were alone." Kylie nods. "Me too. What I thought I saw in the alcove sounded like your description of this woman." Brian lets out a sigh. "I'd have to agree with you." He looks up from his drink and to his friends. "If it's the same person. Then I think we need to find out more about this Matt person and try to trust him." Jakobe nods agreeing. Kylie cringes. Brian notices Kylie's disgust. "Sorry, Kylie. I know you have your differences about him. But he said some things that may be important to us and may help us out."

Jakobe's eyes widen. "Woh! He did." Jakobe exclaims, remembering. "He mentioned knowing Finn didn't he?" Brian nods. "He did." Kylie's mouth drops. "And he said he thinks he knows why this woman is on land but he doesn't know how she got on land. Which can really help us out Kye." Jakobe gasps. Kylie looks at Jakobe. "You okay?" Jakobe nods. "Yes. I'm fine." He waves his hand dismissing her worries. "Yesterday she attacked us both Brian. But it seemed like she was mostly after you. And before we left, Matt said that she was glaring at him too and she tried to attack him, but his powers were too strong for her because she was weakened by yours and his."