Chapter 11: School Drama! Part 3

(First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; October 30 2019; Jan. 16, 2020)

Moments later; Kylie returns back to her table hoping everyone is back to normal. But she sits down and she looks in the direction everyone is staring at and sees Finn and Nick. She notices that Finn sees her looking at them so he nods at her. She nods back and waves. She takes a sketchbook out and begins to finish a sketch of a fashion design from earlier that day. She designs when she's stressed or nervous. She's so focused she doesn't notice that Nicholas and Finn have returned and Nick sits next to her. She mumbles something he doesn't hear. But she's caught off guard when Finn sits on the other side of her. "That's really good." He says shocking her. She flinches and closes it. "Oh, it's nothing. It's something I do when I get stressed or nervous." Finn nods. "Well, I think it should be your costume for The Little Mermaid play. It's nice. I know the costume designer for the productions and I bet you she could make it." He says referring to Kylie's Ariel hi-low sequin skirt and lace and sequin shell top.

                      Jakobe scowls at Finn and Kylie talking. He's tired of Finn constantly trying to be friends with Kylie. His body heats up with anger. With all the held back rage, Jakobe's face starts to turn red. He sees Kylie and Finn easily getting along. At their table everyone is silently eating, not one single person is paying attention, including Finn. Jakobe can finally show Finn who's the leader of the group. These are his friends. Including Kylie. Finn can't steal his friend away. He can strike him now and Finn won't know it's coming because he's too caught up with staring at Kylie. Kylie takes her eyes off Finn and looks around her to see why everyone stopped talking and why she doesn't hear their forks scraping against their plates. She sees Jakobe standing next to her. His face blood red. She looks at his fists clenched at his sides as he was glaring at Finn. Was he really starting a fight with Finn again? Finn takes his eyes off Kylie and focuses on what she's looking at. Finn rolls his eyes. He didn't want to do this in the cafeteria. He didn't want to do this at all. Why was Jakobe even doing this? Finn feels his anger trying to take control. His body is heating up and his heart is beating fast. He notices Kylie looking at him with a blank expression. He can feel the heat in his cheeks. He doesn't want to do this and he knows Kylie doesn't want to get caught in the middle of another fight between the two of them again.

                                Kylie shakes her head and mouths something to Finn. Finn unclenches his fists. But Jakobe remains standing. "What? You can't take me again? The last time was a cheap shot." Kylie looks around her and notices a lot of students in the cafeteria are watching them. Her anxiety begins to act up. She doesn't like this much focus on her. At least not as herself. She's fine having the spotlight as Maria Garcia and most of the time when she's acting on stage. But she's terrified of situations like this. Finn glares at Jakobe and stands up.

                           The cafeteria is dead silent. Kylie has no idea why. Until Kaylee breaks her out of her reverie of the first time she had to break up a fight between these two. "Kylie!" Kaylee yells. Kylie looks at Finn and Jakobe. Her expression quickly changes when she sees they are standing face to face now with their chests puffed out trying to assert their dominance. She looks down at their clenched fists. They really were going to start a fight here and now. Perhaps Finn was right when he told her that Jakobe started a fight at his own dad's funeral. If he is about to start a fight for no reason twice in the same year; maybe he may have been pushed too far at his dad's funeral and started a fight with whoever was talking bad about his dad. She still doesn't know how Finn knows about the fight. Unless he was also at Jakobe's dad's funeral. Out of instinct, she jumps out of her chair and wedged herself between them. She looks up at Finn. She doesn't want Finn to get into another fight. If he gets into one more fight, he'll be suspended and possibly won't be able to graduate on time. Finn also will have less of a chance getting into the Police Training Academy. And Jakobe will also get suspended and also won't graduate on time. Some of Finn's teachers also said that if he gets into one more fight, they will revoke their letter of recommendation for college. As much as Kylie doesn't want another possible sprained ankle or a bump on her head; she can't let her friends lose so much. Finn must have noticed Kylie's expression because his jaw loosens up and he slowly unclenches his fists. He looks down into Kylie's eyes. "I'm sorry to put you in this position again." Finn apologizes. He starts to wipe a tear off her cheek, but she's pulled away from Finn. "OH CRAP!" Brian looks at a short bald man standing behind Kylie and Finn. Jakobe pauses with his fist raised ready to strike Finn. Jakobe is staring at the same man everyone is looking at. "Ummmm. Hi Mr. Sanders." Jakobe greats the principal and lowers his fist. Kylie looks behind Finn. Her heart starts to race. Her head is spinning, worrying about how much Mr. Sanders saw. Finn lowers his head then he turns around and looks straight at Mr. Sanders. "Hello. Mr. Sanders, good to see your doing better." Finn greats him. The bald chubby man looks at Finn and Jakobe and rolls his eyes. "My Doctor said the migraines are likely from the weather changes. This weather has been rather odd lately. No one has a clue why. Some people say Global Warming is to blame. While others say it's because of the Myths of the ancient Folklore Mermaids. But I think those people just want attention. There's no way it's magic-related, magic is for cliché movies and books. It's fictional." Mr. Sanders rambles. Their principal likes to talk a lot, especially in situations like this. He likes to make his students on their toes, thinking of how he will punish them. "But I'd like to know the excuse as to why you two are starting a fight in the middle of the cafeteria. And why Kylie is interfering." He asks. "Again." Mr. Sanders looks at Jakobe, Finn, and Kylie.