Chapter 22: Mermaid Gift! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019;  May 5, 2020, 1:15PM)

                   "What did you say?" Kylie's voice is the first to break the silence in the cold cave. Kaylee looks at Kylie relieved. "Are you okay? We were worried about you?" Finn quickly envelopes Kylie into a tight hug, his head buried in her blond hair. "Kaylee is right. We were all worried about you Kye." He says as his voice is muffled by her hair. He breaks apart from her and grabs her hands. Looking into her eyes he blurts out something he's been afraid of since he's been having dreams about her drowning or disappearing. "I was so afraid you were going to jump into that water and drown because you weren't exactly conscious." Kylie looks at Finn's suddenly flushed cheeks. She barely hears Brian say something about Finn's odd dream but ignores it. She tries to look at her brother, but Finn quickly takes her face in his hands and presses his lips to hers.

"Gross!" Kaylee exclaims. She shakes off the disgusting feel of seeing them kissing. Nicholas quickly looks away and notices a small smile form on Jakobe's face. Evie lets out a loud, "AWWWW!" Causing Finn and Kylie to quickly separate. Brian chuckles as he notices their faces are now equally red. "Now that you guys are done making out. What were you doing Kylie?" Brian asks concerned. Kylie looks in his direction but immediately walks to Nicholas. She hugs him tightly and doesn't let go for at least a minute.

"I'm so sorry bub. I must have scared you so much." She apologizes as she lets go of him. His bright blue eyes look at her in concerns. Kylie sees a tear roll down his face. She wipes a single tear off her face as she holds back her tears. "You really scared me. I thought it was going to be like what happened at the beach after mommy and grandpa died. Or even worse, what you said happened not long ago in this cave." He tries to hold back his tears. He wraps his arms around his older sister. "I didn't want to lose you too." She shakes her head fighting the tears. "You weren't. It wasn't like those times. I heard everyone. But I was somehow drawn to that pool of water. I tried to respond and stop myself, but I couldn't. I felt the water calling me. And if Kaylee wouldn't have stopped me from jumping in, then I think I would have been okay." Kylie admits. Everything coming out of her mouth sounded like she was a character in a Fantasy novel being Moon Struck or under a spell.

Nicholas lets go of his sister and looks at her worried. "Are you sure you are alright?" He asks. Kaylee huffs. "Yeah. That sounded like some seriously crazy stuff." Finn's face is pale. Brian ignores everyone as he studies Kylie closer. He squints at her left shoulder noticing a pattern. He takes a step back and notices that a blue Aura is surrounding her, matching her tail. He gasps in shock. "NO WAY!" Jakobe, Finn, Kylie, Nicholas, Brian, Kaylee, and Evie all stare at him.

Finn looks at Kylie closer and gasps. "What the hell is that?" He exclaims shocked. Everyone besides Brian looks at him confused. "Okay. What are we missing?" Evie asks impatiently. Kaylee nods at Evie. "Exactly! What are you guys talking about?"

Kylie shivers. "Why am I cold? Is it cold in here?" She looks around. "And what do you guys see? What is going on?" She asks them. Brian smiles and looks at Jakobe. Jakobe nods and smiles. "I believe you have reached your two to six-month mark?" He asks her. Kylie's eyes squint confused, as does everyone else's. Kylie looks at Finn, his face no longer pale. He's looking at her exactly like Brian did when he gasped. "What?" She asks. Then her memory of everything that Brian told her about the entire 2-6 month tattoo thing instantly came back to her. "What! Seriously?" She gasps excitedly. She looks at Finn. "How come Finn saw it? Only you can right Brian?" Brian looks at Finn. "You saw it too?" Brian asks Finn. Finn looks at Kylie stunned. He shakes his head. "I did. The glow around her was beautiful but weird. The tattoo looked like a blue and gold Waning Crescent Moon and it was in front of what looked like a Trident. The Trident was covered in vines." Finn's eyebrows crease together. "Maybe it was Seaweed." He nods confirming his second answer. "Yes. It was seaweed." Kaylee, Evie, and Nicholas look at him curiously.