Chapter 16: Creatures Among Us! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; October 31 2019; Jan. 23, 2020 6:27PM)

Kylie reaches for Finn's hand. "What are you saying Finn?" She asks him looking into his eyes. He looks down at her hand on top of his. He looks up at her and smiles. He notices her cheeks redden slightly as he places his other hand on her hand. Leaving her hand between Finn's hands. Kylie looks away shyly. Finn moves her face toward his. "You really don't have to keep looking away from me. What are you afraid of?" He asks curiously. Finn wants her to be comfortable around him and not so shy and timid. She's told him so many personal things already, but he has always sensed she's afraid of something. Kylie bravely looks into his eyes. Her chest tightens with anxiety. "Ummmm." Finn smiles. He nods. "Yeah." Kylie shakes her head. "Nothing." "So what do you think happened to you?" Finn's brows crease together confused. "Huh?" His eyes widen. "Oh, the island." "Yeah. Well, do you remember how you said you felt when you were pulled underwater in the cave pool?" Finn asks. Kylie looks down at her hand still on top of his. Her cheeks flush. Finn smiles. She slowly moves her hand off of Finn's. Finn frowns slightly. "Yeah, I remember. It's hard to forget. My legs were weak and my entire body felt like it had some weird power going through it. But at the same time, it felt like I was getting the life sucked out of me. I couldn't focus on anything and my vision was messed up." Finn shakes his head. "I'm so sorry you were alone when that happened. I wish I could have helped." he reaches for her hand. He squeezes it. She tries to let go, but his grip is too strong. "Kylie." He flashes a half-smile at her. "I felt exactly like that. Except.." Finn sighs. "My head also was thumping so hard it was unbearable and all I could think about was you." His words rush out of his mouth before he can think. Finn's eyes widen as he looks at Kylie's cheeks flush. "I'm sorry. I...I didn't mean to embarrass you." Kylie nods. She smiles. "It's okay." Kylie bites her lip. She thinks of everything Finn experienced. And she wonders one thing. "So do you have a tail too?" She asks a little excited?" Finn shrugs. "No. That's the weird part." Kylie looks down at her floor upset. "Oh. Okay." Finn looks at her face. He lifts her chin up. "Were you hoping I did?" He asks looking into her eyes. Kylie looks into his eyes. "Maybe." She mumbles. Kylie leans forward, slightly touching her lips to Finn's. Finn's eyes widen in shock. He leans closer to Kylie, enjoying this moment. Finn tries to resist his urges to kiss her as he did during the fake scene at lunch. Kylie opens her mouth and tries to kiss him more intensely, but Finn keeps his mouth closed. Finn gently pushes her back. "I don't think this is right Kylie." Kylie blinks quickly. She takes a deep breath, trying to gain control of her annoying mermaid hormones. "I'm sorry. I haven't been myself lately." She explains. Finn nods, completely understanding. "I haven't either." He smiles. "I think you have some kind of mermaid powers that draw me to you." He laughs nervously.

Kylie looks at Finn's flushed face. She must make him nervous too. She didn't think she could make a guy who majors at flirting and charming, nervous. She's seen him flirt with other girls with ease. But with her, he's so different. Kylie's body heats up with excitement remembering the last time she and Finn intensely kissed. Finn looks at Kylie's staring at him. "What are you thinking about?" Kylie is silent. He nudges her. "Hey." She blinks. "Sorry." She blushes. "Why are you blushing?" He asks curiously. Kylie laughs nervously. "I...It's nothing." she lies. Finn shakes his head. "I don't believe you." He playfully pokes her side. Kylie yelps as she jumps. Finn laughs at her reaction. So apparently she's ticklish. They look at each other grinning. "So why are you always nervous around me Kylie? Between school, surfing lessons, and our regular study sessions; we hang out almost every day." Kylie nervously smiles. "I think my mermaid side has something to do with it." She says. Finn nods. He looks at her questioningly, waiting for more. "And?" He asks. Kylie sighs. "I think you are right when you said that thing about me having some kind of mermaid powers that draw you to me." Finn's mouth twitches nervously. "Yeah. I think so." Kylie stares at him with intensity so strong that Finn can sense her need for another kiss. Kylie takes a deep breath. "I think you somehow draw me toward you too. That's why I get nervous around you." Finn winks at her. "Really?" Kylie covers her face up with both of her hands. Why does he make her so nervous?

Finn smiles. "You're so adorable Kylie." He says pulling both of her hands down. "You don't need to cover your face." He looks at her face, now fully red. Finn's heart races as he sees her eyes staring straight into his intensely. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen Kylie Couture." He winks and brushes a lock of hair out her face. He whispers in her ear. "I think we should go on a date so I can kiss those beautiful lips of yours again." He says seductively. A small shiver runs up her back as his breath touches her ear. She giggles. Finn's lips are inches away from her neck. Kylie's breathing picks up with excitement. Finn kisses her neck. Kylie moans. Finn pulls her closer to him. He looks at her full lips. Kylie leans closer to him, starting to kiss him. Finn sits there. He wants so badly to kiss her back, but if he does, he's afraid he couldn't stop. And she can't handle this right now. Finn scoots back. He smiles at her. "I'm sorry Kylie. I'm not rejecting you." Kylie's eyes tear up. He takes her hand. "Are you okay?" She shrugs. "I don't know." She wipes her eyes. "I don't know why I'm crying." She says as tears are running down her cheeks. Finn scoots closer to her and pulls her toward him. He holds her as she cries. "I'm sorry Finn. I don't know why I'm doing this. I felt fine before." Finn smoothes her hair down. "It's okay. You've been going through a lot. It's understandable that your emotions aren't normal right now." Kylie shrugs. "I guess. But being a mermaid doesn't help either. I read somewhere that apparently hormones and emotions are weird after you transform." She informs him, trying to keep Brian out of it. Finn nods. "Okay." Kylie separates from Finn. "I didn't believe it at first, but lately I have since I haven't been acting like myself." Finn nods. His lips form a small smirk. "So I'm assuming you were a mermaid when we had to do that fake scene to get out of detention?" He asks her. Kylie shyly looks down at her legs. She just now realized they have been showing from her annoyingly new short skirt. She pulls her skirt down trying to cover up her scar on her left thigh. "You don't have to be so self-conscious about that. You're stronger than it." He says pointing at the scar. Kylie shrugs. "I don't know." Finn nudges her. "So I guess by your silence that you were already a mermaid when we did that fake scene?" Kylie flirtatiously smiles at him. "Yes." Her voice sounding slightly seductive. Finn tilts his head at her. "Was that a flirty smile you just gave me? And I think you were trying to come on to me." He challenges her. Kylie blushes. "Did I sound like an idiot?" She asks covering her face embarrassed.

That was the first time she has ever tried to flirt with a boy. She had majorly crashed and failed at it. Finn smiles at her. "No. I think you sounded...." He clears his throat. Finn winks at her. "Sexy." Kylie jilts back shocked. No one has ever called her sexy before. Not even Jacob. "Sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He apologizes. Kylie shyly smiles. "It's okay." She says.