CHAPTER 51: Show Time! Part 1

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: FRIDAY JULY, 21, 2023

      Saturday April 7th,2018(2 months, 4 weeks, 9 days.)

( 1 month, 3 weeks, 8 days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 4 weeks, 5 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 16 days(2 weeks, 4 days)

Days after deciding to chose Matt as her Oath Sworn Warrior and Finn as her Bond Mate; Kylie is backstage warming up her voice for the dress Rehearsal for The Little Mermaid.

After a few minutes of going over the opening song; she clutches her Cross necklace with her right hand as her left hand shakes. "I don't know if I can do this." She says to herself quitly looking up at the ceiling.

"My soon-to-be Bond Mate; you can do anything you put your heart in to." Finn says as he approaches her.

Kylie jumps and squels as he walks up to her and grabs her hands and looks into her Chestnut eyes. "Don't let that anxiety take over Kye. You got this babe." He assures her as he gently kisses her on her cheek. Kylie smiles and look up at him.

"Thank you." She sighs saddened. "I just wish my mom was here. She'd be so happy to see me finally perform in a School Play again." Kylie peaks through the curtain and sees her dad and Brianna sitting next to Matt's parents.

Finn pulls her away from the curtain and looks into her eyes again. "She always will be watching you perform. Just not from the seats." He smiles at her, showing his perfectly straight teeth. How did he have such perfect teeth? Kylie asks herself.

Finn nudges her. "You okay." She shakes her head and sighs. "Yeah I'm fine." She says non-chalantly. Finn nods slowly. "You better be because after this I'm inviting the entire high school cast to my place for a party." Finn grinns.

Kylie squeks. "What? Why!" Her voice raises causing a few of the stage hands to look their way. Kylie shrugs at them and they go back to setting up Prince Eric's ship and the big Rock for the first scene.

"I'm doing it in hopes to help us all bond and become better actors. All great actors have good competition AND have a good bond with a fellow actor." He says.

Kylie grunts. "So Matt too?" She sighs defeated. Finn nods. "Yeah of coarse. He's King Triton. He has to be there."

Kylie shrugs and walks toward the back of the stage where they keep the props. Finn follows her and continues explaining. "I know the Double Bond is confusing for all of us; but we need to learn how to get along Kylie. And that includes you understanding your feelings for him more."

Kylie sits on the rock that she is supposed hide behind in the beginning of the production while Lucas is on Prince Eric's ship.

She swings her legs and sighs as she looks at Finn's pale face. "I know." Finn stands next to her and places a hand on top of hers. "It sucks though because I want you both. I can't hurt him. And I know I can't hurt you either." Kylie finally admits to Finn, and to herself.

Finn sighs frustrated and exhausted. "I know. I hate it so much. As much as I knew that's how you felt; I didn't want to hear you say it." Kylie nods. "I know. I hated saying it."

"I'm sorry I've been causing a big rift between you two." Finn looks behind him as Kylie looks up and sees Matt standing a few feet away from them.

"It's not exactly your fault nor is it your choice to be in this situation." Finn speaks before Kylie says anyhting.

Matt looks at Kylie. He smiles at her as he adjusts his white beard. "This thing is itchy. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it the entire play." Matt laughs nervously.

Kylie chuckles, breaking the awkward silence. "I bet it is. That's got to suck. At least your tail isn't as tight as mine is." Kylie says.

Matt and Finn nod agreeing. "Yeah, sorry about that. I told Evie to make it a little larger due to your recent Mermaid weight gain." Finn says.

Kylie chuckles. "I did too. But she said that all Mermaids should have a larger Fluke and the rest of the tail should be more fitted to give the illusion of a smaller body. Apparently real Mermaids are rarely heavier." Kylie explains.

Matt nods. "That's true. If they were larger; it would weugh us down and we'd get caught by predators and couldn't keep up with our food sources. Our metabilism is usually pretty high."

Kylie groans. "Than why have I gained 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks?" She asks Matt.

Finn looks at Matt curiously. "Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. Her Ariel costume actually just recently had to be tailored again." Finn's eyes linger toward Kylies chest. Kylie pulls her West Virginia zip up hoodie over her tight fitting shirt.

Finn's eyes redirect toward Matt. Matt laughs at Finn. "What?" Finn asks.

Matt shrugs. "Has Kylie been to the doctor recently?" Matt looks at her and grins.

Kylie flinches."Yes I did. March 31st remember? I went with you and your family after my house was broken in to." Kylie's eyes water.

Finn quickly grabs her hands and kisses them. "It's okay Kye. I'm here. Those sickos can't get you."

"OH MY GOSH!" Matt exclaims. Finn and Kylie look at him. Matt shakes his head. "I didn't mean to bring that up. I meant to ask if you've been to the doctors to get a Pregnancy test done."

"WHAT?!" Finn and Kylie both scream, making the Drama Club instructor to stop in her tracks. "Is everything okay back here?" She asks.

Matt, Finn and Kylie's heads whip to focus on her. "Yeah. Everything is fine Mrs.Darbus." Kylie says, forcing a smile. Mrs. Darbus nods, as she sees the tears on Kylie's face. "I certainly hope so because Showtime is in 10 minutes." She says as she looks at all the props set up already and sees Evie walking on the other side if the stage.

"You need a touch up on your makeup Kylie."Evie says as she points at Kylie's face. She walks past them and stops and stares at Matt and Finn. "It looks like you guys do too. Hurry up and go backstage and have Emily touch up on your guys' makeup and get ready to go on when you hear your cue." She says as she runs across the stage and yells for Mrs. Darbus.

Finn glares at Matt. "Why do you think she's pregnant?" Finn demands.

Kylie grunts."Matt was there when I got the tests done remember?" She says to Finn.