Chapter 28: Mysteries At The Park! Part 3

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 1, 2020, 12:48 PM; June 30, 2021)

               Suddenly Jakobe gets shocked again. Except for this time he notices it seems to be radiating blue and white static around his body as he holds his hand in pain. With one eye open, he looks at his brother laying down clutching his chest. Jakobe ignores his pain, to realize that Brian's body is also radiating the blue and white static he is. "Brian." Jakobe somehow musters his brother's name. "Can you do anything?" He asks slowly and strained. Brian looks over to his brother, who is kneeling and holding his arm, his Basketball and Football arm. Well, American Football arm. "I don't know. I'll try it." Brian answers weekly.

Brian slowly takes his hand off his chest and raises it in the air and focuses on the woods. He lets a small fireball into the woods. A moment later he hears a yelp. Brian weekly smiles. Then he winces from the pain the smile and the power the fireball took caused him. Jakobe lets out a small sigh of relief as Brian chuckles. "I got her. I heard her yelp." He gets the strength to stand up and raises both of his hands and hurls a fireball with one hand and then a larger one with the other. "You dumb child! You can't destroy me with that!" An angry and shrill voice comes from deep beneath the woods. Jakobe looks at Brian startled. "Now I heard that."

Brian shrugs. "I have an idea." Jakobe pulls his brother back. "Leave?" He asks. Brian focuses his vision on the woods and meets the evil woman eye to eye. Ignoring the tightening in his chest coming back, he takes a breath and lifts up both of his arms, and releases a large water ball. He sees the woman getting drenched in his waterball as she shrieks loudly. "You think water can hurt me?! So you see this?" She then moves her hair to one side revealing her gills on her neck. "And this." She then raises her arm showing her fin on her arm even clearer. Brian pushes back the fear and ignores her rage and flings something else at her, with both of his hands. He gives it just two seconds to be sure it harmed her to get out of the Super Vision and go back to focusing on Jakobe.

An extra loud scream echoes around them, making Jakobe stare at his brother curiously. "What did you just do?" He asks worriedly. Brian shrugs. "You could say I just beat her at her own game." Jakobe looks at him confused then he looks into the woods and realizes what he did. "You electrocuted her?" Brian shakes his head. "Yes, I did." Jakobe stares at his brother worried. "You look pale. I didn't know you could do that?" Brian kicks a rock and shrugs. "I only did it once. I was lucky it even worked now." Jakobe's eyes widen in shock. "Seriously." Brian nods. "You could have hurt yourself or caused a disaster, Brian. You should have stuck to just your Fireballs." Brian shakes his head. "No. She was too angry and too powerful. I don't know what else she could have done to us. And besides, I didn't just throw a Fireball and two Electric Balls at her. I threw a WaterBall at her before the Electricity Balls." Jakobe's mouth drops. Brian "Let's go before she recovers. I don't think it was strong enough." Jakobe walks next to his brother. "I can't believe you did that to her. That's gruesome. And harsh." Jakobe admits. Brian rolls his eyes. He stops and looks at his older brother annoyed. "You don't get it do you." Jakobe shakes his head. "I'm 'fraid not." Brian pushes his heel into the dirt. "If I wouldn't have taken that risk, then we could have been toast. Literally." Jakobe smiles at his brother, still feeling upset he took the risk. But also feeling proud of him. "I understand why you did it. But you could have warned be little bro." Brian pushes Jakobe, causing him to stumble a little. "I'm not little. Can you please stop treating me like a child." He shoots out at him. Jakobe starts to playfully punch him but descends his arm back to his side. "I know you aren't. You haven't been for a while. It's unfair you had to grow up so quickly. I'm proud of who you are becoming and I'm proud of what you did earlier." Jakobe apologizes. "Even if it was dangerous. It was smart and was mature to think quickly. And it was powerful." Jakobe admits.

Brian smiles and punches his brother. "Thanks, bro. That means a lot." Jakobe mods. "No problem. We tell no one about this little heart to heart. Or else the child jokes will come back to bite you in the rump." Brian rolls his eyes. "Alright. I reckon that'd be wise for me." Jakobe chuckles. "Yeah. Yeah, it would."     

Brian looks at his brother and nods as he kicks up some dirt. "Let's go home before that woman comes back for us." Jakobe nods in agreement as he looks around him. "Let's go." They turn around and take one step then Brian screams out in pain. "Ouccchhh!" He kneels down clutching his knee. Jakobe quickly kneels to his brother's side. "What happened? Is she doing something to you? I don't see any sparks." Jakobe says, looking around to find the electricity bolts. Brian looks up at his brother. "No, it's not that. She's doing something else. It feels like she's boiling my insides." Jakobe takes his hand off his brother's shoulder and looks frantically around their surroundings. "That's not good. We have to go now. Can you stand up? I can...." Jakobe purses his lips together. "Try to carry you." He says unsure of himself. Brian chuckles. "Sure you can." He says sarcastically. "Do you remember how much muscle I gained since I became a Merman?" He shoots at his brother. Jakobe rolls his eyes. "And do you remember how much muscle I gained after the American football practices I had last year? And the Basketball and Boxing conditionings?" He retorts. Brian shrugs. Then he winces in pain. "It's......getting worse." Brian says weekly. Jakobe looks around. "Hey, bitch!" Jakobe yells. Brian's eyes widen. "Stop picking on my brother! Pick on someone as ugly as you!" Jakobe shoots out, his angry tone echoing around him. Brian looks at his brother. Brian looks at Jakobe. "What are you doing?" He says tightly. Jakobe shrugs and nods. "Diverting her. Go now." Brian slowly stands up wincing as his legs wobble. "You're just egging her on."

"He's right. You are just egging her on." A deep voice comes out from behind them. Jakobe looks behind him and sees a tall tanned guy standing in front of him. He puts up both of his fists and puffs out his chest, preparing for whatever is to come. "I suggest you leave. You may be taller than me but I can kick your butt." The tall male laughs. "That's not what I'm here for. But I can beat you anytime and anywhere. And your brother is stronger than you think, but he needs my help with her." The dark-haired male points over to the woods. Jakobe and Brian both look behind them to where the mysterious woman kept striking them from. Jakobe slowly puts his hands down and turns back to the guy. "You look familiar. "Do I know you?" The muscular male nods. "We met not long ago. I believe we have someone in common. Finn Chrisholm." Jakobe takes a step back. He shakes his head. "No. You're that guy who ambushed us in the cave pool. You are the guys who threatened to take Kylie from Finn." Brian gasps, then he clutches his chest. Matt's eyes widen at Brian and raises his hand. But Jakobe grabs his hand before he can do anything to his brother. "Stop. You aren't touching my brother." Matt shakes his head in disbelief. "I'm not going to hurt him. He yanks his hand from Jakobe's vice-like grip. "As I said, I'm here to help." He takes a step closer, then he stops when he notices Jakobe's eyes piercing at him. He raises his hand again at Brian. Brian lets out a sigh of relief. "What are you doing? It doesn't burn as much." He looks up at Matt's face. Brian blinks. "You have MAGIC!" He exclaims!

Jakobe flinches. "What!?" Matt stops what he's doing and looks at Jakobe, then back to Brian. "Yes. I do. I'm like you. Now let me take care of Kleodora so we can get out of this park. We are losing time. She's extremely powerful and vengeful." He says quickly. Brian blinks surprised. "Who?" Jakobe rolls his eyes. "That bitch in the woods I assume?" He looks at Matt. Matt nods. "Yes. She is a banished Mermaid from Poseidon's Kingdom and I think I know why she's on land." Matt stops in his tracks for a second. "However, I don't know how she's on land." Brian looks at Matt as he raises both of his arms and launches something into the woods. "Wow! You really do have magic. So you truly are a Merman." Brian says astonished.