CHAPTER 44: Int. Mermaid Day! Part 9

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Monday, July 10, 2023

MARCH 29, 2018

"What is going on?" Kevin's voice cracks as he sees Kylie with a tail. Kevin drops his glass water bottle completly shocked and angry seeing his daughter kissing Finn. Finn and Kylie quickly separate as they hear the glass shatter. "What is this?" Kevin scowls at Finn. His excpression grim and his face pale.

Kylie stares at her dad, she can tell he's pissed because of the vain popping out of his forehead. "Hi dad." Kylie's voice cracks. Her chest tigthens. FInn grabs her hand to reassure her that everything is going to be okay. Kylie looks at Finn and smiles. Finn hesitantly smiles back. "I guess you don't have to tell him now." Finn fills in the awkward silence. Matt snickers. Kevin looks at Matt, who is standing next to Lonnie.

Kevin shakes Matt's response off and looks around to Kylie's friends. "Do all of you guys know about her." He points at Kylie, his face pale and his eyes still wide with shock. Brian nods as he looks at Kylie and Finn. "We do." Evie says. "And about Finn." She smirks. "Well Finn's development has been recent." Evie rambles nervously. Finn shoots her a stern glare. Evie swallows hard. "Sorry Finn." Finn nods.

Kevin looks at Finn and Kylie. "First of all, I am beyond angry that you two are still dating." Kevin's voice rises. Then he looks at Kylie's Aqua tail, that still isn't showing any signs of going away. "But I'd really like to know how in the world...." Kevin trails off. Finn lets out a long sigh. "It's a long story. If you don't mind helping us dry off, then we'll explain at your house." Finn pauses. "Or mine. It's closer." He shrugs. Kevin takes his eyes off of Finn and looks at Kylie. "Is this why you've been acting odd and talking back?" Kevin looks at Kaylee and Evie. They nod. "And why your appetite has been oddly strange. And why you started that fight with that woman?" Kevin's voice changes as he says the last question. Kylie's eyes shifts from her father to Finn. She leans her head on Finn's shoulder. "Yes to everything. Being a Mermaid is so much harder than you can ever believe dad." Kylie's eyes start to water. Kevin sighs at the sight of his daughter's sadness. "Well lets hope it's not to difficult, because that woman is pressing charges." Kylie gasps.