CHAPTER 39: First Rehearsal! Part 4

FIRST UPLOADED: AUGUST 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Kylie watches her sister run out of the auditorium. "Evie wait." She says as she gets up to run after her. "Kylie!" An excited voice stops Kylie in her tracks. She turns around and looks at the person who said her name. Kylie's heart drops to her stomach as she sees him standing on the other side of the group on the floor. "Lucas." Kylie's voice is strained by her shock. "Lucas?" Finn and Matt say together and look behind Finn. They both quickly stand up and stare him down. Lucas' mouth twitches as he looks at Finn and Matt.

Kylie can hardly recognize him. He lost his braces, gained muscle, and lost his baby face. The small pink spots on his beautiful brown skin don't take any attention away from his perfect green eyes. Lonnie looks around her feeling awkward by being the only one sitting down. So she slowly stands up and watches the weird stare-down between Kylie, Lucas, Matt, and Finn.

"It's nice to see you, Kye. You look amazing." Lucas nervously looks around him. Finn looks at Kylie and clenches his fists. Kylie looks at his face and sees his fists. She shakes her head. "Finn it's okay. He's an old friend." Kylie calms Finn down. He unclenches his fists. "Sorry." He looks down at his boots. "It's been a really long time." Lucas smiles at Kylie. Kylie walks up to him. Lucas doesn't wait for a second and embraces her in a hug. "Okay." She says shocked as Lucas squeezes her harder. "I haven't stopped thinking about you." Lucas whispers to her as he buries his face in her hair. "I saw your Facebook status. I don't know what happened between you and Jacob, but I'm sorry." He smiles and continues talking. "Since you are single and I live here now; I was hoping you and I could go out on a date." Lucas lets go of her and stares into her eyes. Only a few inches of height difference between them, Lucas quickly kisses her on her forehead.

"Okay, that's it. I can't take it anymore." Finn says as he walks up to Lucas and Kylie. Lucas takes a step back from Kylie. He looks at Finn and nods. Finn frowns at him. "She's not single." That is somehow all he can say. Kylie looks at Finn and sighs. "So you and Jacob are still together?" Lucas asks Kylie. "No, we aren't. I just haven't updated my Facebook status yet." Lucas looks confused. Then he looks at Finn and Matt; they both are staring between him and Kylie protectively. "You have TWO boyfriends?" Lucas asks confused. He scratches his head. "I don't." She looks at Matt annoyed. "He just has a thing for me." Kylie points at Matt. "Finn is my boyfriend." Kylie reaches for Finn's hand and smiles up at him. "Unfortunately, I'm not the one who's dating her. But we do have a connection." Matt winks at Kylie. Finn growls at Matt. "Haven't we talked about you flirting with my girlfriend?" Finn scowls at Matt annoyed. After being silent for a while, Lonnie chimes in. "Matt. You really need to control that." She pushes him and shakes her head disappointed.

Lonnie looks at Lucas. "Sorry for your first dramatic day in Drama." She smiles and apologizes. Lucas shrugs. "It's no biggie." He looks at Kylie and smiles. "I'm just glad to see a familiar face." Kylie smiles back at him. "So you met my brother Matt." Lonnie points next to her and then she motions toward Finn, who's still gripping Kylie's hand. "And you have met Finn. I'm Lonnie." She smiles sweetly. "Matt and I are twins and Finn is our cousin. So that's why there is so much tension between us." Lonnie explains to Lucas. Lucas gasps. "Wow!" He looks at Kylie. "That's intense. I'm sorry you are in this situation again." Lucas looks at Kylie sympathetically. Kylie grunts annoyed. "It seems like I'll never be out of it." She laughs nervously. Lucas sighs and cautiously approaches Kylie. Finn can feel the heat coming through her hand. "I think you should stay there." Finn holds up his free hand. Lucas stops and looks at Kylie worried. Kylie shakes her head. "I'm okay Finn. It's nothing." She smiles at him to assure him. And for good measure, she takes a deep breath and releases a calm wave through her hand to him. Finn feels it and gasps. "Wow!" Lucas looks at Finn confused. "I just thought of something for a book idea." Finn lies. "I think Kylie is okay. I'm sorry for telling you to stay there. And I'm sorry for consistently staring you down." He looks at Kylie. "She's been through a lot since she moved here." Finn tells Lucas. Kylie rolls her eyes. "Way too many things have happened since I moved here. This place is weird." Kylie admits. Lucas looks around him concerned. "How so?" He asks then.

"Nothing important," Matt says, through clenched teeth. Lonnie shakes her head. "This place is odd, but you shouldn't worry about it too much. When you come across things; you'll know what we mean by weird." Lonnie tries to cover up for Kylie and her brother. Lucas looks at Lonnie and nods. "Ooooookay." He looks back to Kylie and smiles at her. "Is there any possible way that we can catch up sometime?" He asks her. He looks at Finn and shrugs. "If there is any chance that'd be great. We have 4 years to catch up on." Lucas rambles nervously. Kylie stares at Lucas with wide eyes. Finn and Matt scoff. "It's MY decision guys. Not yours." Kylie says without looking at either of them, she remains in eye contact with Lucas. "I'm not sure. Could I bring Finn?" She shakes her head. "No." She sighs. Lucas lets out a small. "Oh okay." She looks at Finn and at Lucas. Then she looks at Matt and back to Lucas. "Why do you males have to be so freaking confusing?" Kylie grunts. Lucas laughs. "I'm sorry if I caused any tension between you two." Lucas looks at Matt. "I mean three." Lucas looks at Kylie and Finn. "Sorry. I will no longer ask Kylie to hang out with me. I guess I missed a lot in 4 years and I don't have any business to get involved." Lucas starts to walk away, but Finn tells him to stop. "Don't go anywhere." Lucas stops and turns around. "Thank you for apologizing. But you aren't the one who needs to apologize. I need to say I'm sorry for making you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable." Finn lets it out in one breath. Kylie smiles widely at Finn. "Thank you so much for apologizing to him." Kylie smiles up at him, stands up on her tippy-toes, and kisses him on his cheek. Finn grins and gives her a quick kiss on her lips, causing her to blush.

"I accept your apology Finn and I'm sorry if I came across as flirty toward Kylie." Lucas sighs. "When I thought she was single, I was hoping we could date. But now I know that she's not. I won't bother you two anymore." Lucas says upset. Finn groans. "You don't have to do that." "Our friend group is possible to grow and I'm sure Nicholas would like to see you again and I'm sure Brian and Evie would get along with you." Kylie nods. "I'm not sure about Kaylee though." She laughs.

Lonnie and Matt laugh also laugh. "Yeah, Kaylee can be a tough nut to crack." Matt rolls his eyes. Lucas looks at Kylie waiting for an explanation. "She's mine and Nicholas' soon-to-be Step-Sister," Kylie explains. Lucas' eyes widen. "Your dad is getting remarried!" He gasps. Kylie nods. "Yup. To my birth-mother." She lets the crazy bomb drop. Lucas stares at her confused. "Huh? I thought she was...Weren't they...." Lucas stumbles on his words. Kylie laughs sarcastically. "Yeahhhhh. There has been SOOOOO much about my family that I've learned since I've moved here to Australia." Kylie looks around to her friends. Finn and Matt nod. "My birth-mother isn't Karon Couture. She's Nicholas' mom. My mom is actually Kaylee's mom and Kaylee; my soon-to-be step-sister is my half-sister." Kylie watches Lucas' face go from confusion to utter shock. He gasps. "That's insane. And Kevin kept this from you your entire life? So you and Nicholas are only Half-Siblings?" Lucas asks Kylie. Kylie nods. "Yes to both." Finn nudges her. Kylie looks at him. She chuckles. "Oh and here's the biggest of them ALL." Kylie says dramatically. Lucas stares at her like he's watching a Soap Opera. "What?" He blinks intrigued. Kylie looks from Finn to Matt and finally to Lonnie. "My dad didn't just keep my birth-mother and half-sister from me. He also kept where I was born from me." Lucas looks at her confused. "I was born here in Australia." Kylie sighs. "And...." "There's more?!" Lucas exclaims. Kylie, Finn, Matt, and Lonnie all nod. "Oh, there's more." Matt chuckles. Kylie looks at Matt and nods. She then looks back at Lucas. "I also have a TWIN SISTER!" Kylie exclaims. "WHAT!?" Lucas screams. Kylie nods. "Like I said. A LOT has changed."