CHAPTER 49: Bonding News! Part 4

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, JULY, 13, 2023

 She sighs saddened. "This sucks Finn. I love you and I want you." She mumbles.

Gabriel snickers. "Why don't you guys just get Bonded then. It's clear Kylie chose you brother. So just have the Bonding Ceremony." He shrugs. "Then you can have all the wild and crazy sex you want." He wriggles his eyebrows at Finn. Finn grins. Kylie smacks his arm. Finn winces. "Hey!"

"It's not just about that." Kylie says as she tries to hide her face with her hands.

Finn pulls her hands down. "I know it's not. But you have to admit that it would be nice to finally go through with it all." He winks at her. Kylie grins. "I know. " she says.

Gabriel snorts. "So what's stopping you?" He asks.

Finn and Kylie look at Gabriel. "My parents, my age; and Matty is." Kylie's eyes widen and her hand covers her mouth.

Finn gasps. And his face turns white. "Kye." Finn's voice wavers.

Kylie looks at Finn, her eyes watery. "I don't know why I called him Matty." She shrugs.

Finn sighs. "Perhaps the dream influenced you more than you think. And maybe yesterday when we met Gabriel; maybe Matt got to you more than you realized too. Maybe that caused the dream."

Kylie sighs annoyed and broken. "Why does it have to be like this?" She groans.

"Shit." Gabriel curses. "This isn't good." Finn and Kye looks at him worried. "If you have dreams about BOTH of your possible BondMates within the same night or within the same few nights and they both are extra jealous and protective around you. Then that possibly means that they will have to go into battle for your heart, body, mind, and soul; and in the end; you can choose.

"Or if you want BOTH of them as yours you can do that too. But only one can be your BondMate and the other will have to be your Oath Sworn Warrior and Protector."

"As a BondMate; they will be your protector too, but your Warrior will be trained to defend and serve you." "And of coarse your BondMate is the only one who you will be able to make love to. Some cases your Oath Sworn Warrior can have relations with you too. It depends if you and he have a really strong connection." Gabriel explains. "But that will require Mer-Documents and you'd have to have a different Ceremony with him." Gabriel finishes.

Finn and Kylie stay silent for a while; letting the information sink in.

"What if she doesn't want either. And she still doesn't know who to chose?" Finn asks the question that Kylie wanted to ask, but is too shocked to form the words.

Gabriel nods. "I believe Kylie will be able to turn you both down. Or she can give up all the rights as a Mermaid. I believe her being a Half-Breed caused the Double Bonds in the first place." Gabriel squints his eyes. "Yeah that's what Poseidon said could happen last time I saw him. Which was 2 months ago." Gab says.

Kylie gasps. "Huh. So I could be human again. Kleodora would no longer be after me; I wouldn't be caught between two worlds or two guys again." "And I wouldn't have to really hurt either one of them." Kylie says astonished, a small smile forming on her face.

Gabriel sighs. "There's a catch."

Finn grunts as Kylie groans too. "Always a catch." She says annoyed.

"If you gave up being a Mermaid; then you'd also be giving up the chance of becoming a Queen of Moanie or the Caspian Sea; or you'd be giving up becoming Princess of Poseidon's Kingdom if you were with Matt.

" And you'd also be giving up being friends with BOTH of them if you decided to be full human."

"They wouldn't have ANY memories of you. Only you'd have memories of them." "And if you turned them both down; then their wouldn't be any memories of any of of you guys meeting." Kylie and Finn sigh.

Kylie shakes her head. "No." She holds back tears. "No. I'm not giving up any of that. I can't end our friendship because of my selfishness. I'll just wait it out. Or heck I'll choose you both. Cause I don't think I could see you guys fight each other."

Finn sighs frustrated. "I love you and I'll support you." He takes a deep breath and releases it. "But I won't be fond of sharing you." He groans. "Especially if you can have sex with him too. We both know the connection is strong enough for that."

"You absolutely will be sharing her. If her connection with Matt is as strong as you say and as strong as I sense, than yes he can make love to you."

Finn groans. "I really don't like that Kye. I HATE that." He emphasizes, his voice deepening with anger and jealousy.

Kylie sighs annoyed. "Sounds like I need to think things over." She lets out a long growl.

 Finn releases his anger and reaches for her hand. "No." He retorts. "WE need to think things over. As in you, me AND Matt." Finn says, pushing his jealousy behind him. "It involves us all; and I think it's crucial if we all talk about our future together Kye." Finn lets out an exhausted and annoyed sigh. Kylie sighs. "Okay." Kylie groans frustrated as she rolls her eyes.