PROLOGUE

Terra Australis/New Holland March/April 1550(Currently Australia.)

In the Kingdom of Mileseki and Andino, several young ambitious groups of friends of land dwellers like to play on the land of the unknown that's located off the mainland of Terra Australis.

Many of the human Aborigines warn them not to venture off onto the land, but they have been fascinated with the Island since they heard faint noises that sounded like singing on the island.

The children always ignored their parents and went onto the island anyway. Often, they'd find ways to get past the deadly Crocodiles that habitate the swamp almost connecting the island to the mainland; to get onto the flatter North side of the Island.

The clever children typically brought raw fish with them to throw to the Crocodiles to distract them, meanwhile, the kids would carefully walk over the logs and rocks in the water and no longer find themselves on the Mainland but instead on the mysterious island.

The Island was filled with beautiful and scrumptious crops. Crops the locales would kill to be able to have. At the time, most families were raided by unknown animals at night. Everyone always had to be careful to not go out into the night or else people would surely be mauled.

The descriptions by the local coroner weren't fitting to a Crocodile nor to a Dingo. So many Aboriginals, who have been entranced by a new hypnotizing woman in their tribe; have claimed to say they believe it to be Werewolves who have been performing the attacks. But the other tribes do not believe them because that particular tribe is known to dabble in Sorcery and Black Magic. Not the good kind the other tribes often dabble in.

The 'Green Tribes', may dabble in Black Magic, but it's when they need it and the kind the Maori uses, which isn't lethal or harmful. On the contrary, the 'Dark Tribes' believe that the Black Magic can be used whenever and however they choose.

King Poseidon even believes that the woman who has been hypnotizing his tribe is a Selkie. A Mer-Folk that's half Mer-Folk and half Vampire. Poseidon has heard of Selkies roaming the world in the past, but these recent few years, there have been fewer cases of hybrids of that nature.

Poseidon and several of his consorts believed they had all recently seen a few Selkies walking on the mainland of Australia one day when they met some Witches and Vampires who they had a peace Treaty with, to discuss the recent issues with the other races.

Poseidon and his Kingdom, including Caspian Chrisholm, the ruler of the Caspian Sea, ceased the plan for the new Moanie Island Peace Treaty due to the recent attacks of their kind and due to humans and their Half-Blooded children becoming interested in the island. They couldn't make a Peace Treaty if they couldn't control their offspring from roaming on the land.

The group of children also has been drawn to the island because of the rumors of the people with pointed ears and the small people who can fly and spread dust to create growing crops. They've also wanted to believe the rumors of the other small angry people who had heard to live in the mountains and hated anyone who came across them.

Two specific children in one of the Kingdom's tribes, like to pull pranks and venture off onto the Island where King Poseidon is trying to help Caspian Alex Chrisholm; his BondMate, Beatrice Anya Chrisholm; and Moana and Maui to get a peace treaty planned for the newly discovered Moanie Island. The 'unknown island' that no one is supposed to go on to because the King of Andrade believes that since the day Maui and Moana discovered the island, they can restore it to its natural glory and make peace with the other races. But the rambunctious Half-Blooded children of the Tribes of his Kingdom and the races that currently reside on the island have been making it difficult for him to do so.

So King Bartholomew set a rule for ANY Human, Mer-Folk, or Half-Breed to be punished if they set their feet on Moanie Island. King Poseidon and his wife Amphitrite agreed only because they didn't want their Kingdom to be killed off by the 'unknown creatures' of the Island. King Poseidon also needed to stay on King Bartholomew's good side so he would allow Poseidon's Kingdom to mate with his.

****Way back in April 1650 on a chilly Tuesday morning, two children of King Poseidon's Kingdom are on Moanie Island playing.

After the children finish causing havoc and pranking the other Species that live on Moanie Island, they venture off into the largest Cave on the Island.

"Stop splashing me in thy face. I will tell thy mom." A small girl, with white to almost silver hair laughs as she splashes her friend back. She spins her hand above her head and a small gust of water shoots out of her hand nearly hitting her friend hovering above her. The young boy rolls his eyes and flies down closer to his friend, who is in the water. "My dad Daedalus would not mind."

The tween shakes her head and splashes him as she chuckles mischievously.

"Curse you for getting my wings wet Kleo." The tween boy responds as he wipes his black wings off with his long fingers.

The girl chuckles mischievously. "They aren't real wings anyway." She singsongs. "They are just made out of wax." She retorts.

The tanned-winged boy glares down at her. "They are partly feathers too. My father didn't gift he and I with weak, un-usable wings to flee from Crete." He says.

The girl shrugs and splashes him again. "They didn't save you from being scorched from the rays of the sun." She smirks. He frowns at her remark. 

"You somehow still managed to fall into the ocean." She tosses her white hair behind her pale shoulder. "If it wasn't for us Mermaids, you'd be toast Kairus." She smirks at him again.

The winged boy named Kairus nods knowingly. "What you say is true Kleodora." He flies to the ground and gracefully lands on his feet. "If it wasn't for you and your Kingdom, my dad and I wouldn't be alive. We wouldn't have one breath for our body to take. We still thank you for that, my friend." He thanks his friend. She was the first friend he ever made the day he fell, and remains his best friend till the day he dies. 

"I must go back to thy village." The girl sighs, breaking Kairus out if his reverie. "King Poseidon will be upset with me for fleeing without notifying anyone." She lifts her webbed hand and waves toward her dear friend. 

He waves back and smiles as he watches her bluish-grey fluke make a splash as Kleo descends under the water and out of the crystal-filled cave.