CHAPTER 52: Party! Part 2

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, JULY 21, 2023

—————An hour into the party; Finn decides to tell Kylie that he's been accepted into the Sooshanie Police Training Academy.

"Why are we in your room when the party is out there? People are going to think that we are having sex or something." Kylie says after Finn closes the door. Finn looks at her eyes and sighs saddened by what he has to tell her.

Finn rolls his eyes as the party seems to get louder. "I have something to tell you, Kylie," Finn says as he sits on his bed.

Kylie's shoulders drop and her eyes blink. "Please say you didn't cheat on me, Finn," Kylie says, holding back her sobs. "I swear if you did, I don't know if I could ever forgive you," Kylie admits.

"NO!" Finn exclaims. "No Kye." He looks down at his feet. "I didn't. I'd never cheat on you, Kye." He looks up from his feet, wiping tears off of his face. "I love you so much Kylie and that's why this hurts me so much to tell you."

Kylie's expression immediately changes when she sees the sadness on Finn's face. She walks away from the door and sits next to him on the bed. "What is it, Finn." She asks, her eyes watering.

Finn grabs her hands and squeezes tightly. He closes his eyes and inhales, then exhales. He opens his eyes and looks at Kylie. "I've been accepted into the Sooshanie Police Training Academy." He sighs.

Kylie squeals. "That's so..." Finn puts his hand up and shakes his head. "Don't get excited yet Kye," Finn says. "The major rule for trainees is that we can't date anyone while we are in the Academy," Finn explains.

Kylie's mouth drops open. Her eyes fill with tears. She closes her mouth and shakes her head. "No Finn." She refuses his news. "We can't end this."

Finn places his hand on top of hers. She lets his hand stay on hers for a few seconds, then she quickly pulls her hand away from his. She shakes her head again. "Why is that even a rule?" She asks, her voice hoarse and broken.

Finn sighs. "Because trainees need to have all the focus to be on their mental and physical training. And according to them, girlfriends are a big distraction." Finn explains more in-depth.

Kylie wipes her eyes. "But...but..." Kylie chokes on her words as her tears build up. She takes a deep breath and exhales. "So you are breaking up with me?" Kylie looks at Finn's blue eyes and lets out a squeak.

Finn shrugs. "I don't know Kye." He lets his muscles relax and falls back onto his bed. Kylie stares at him and silently cries. Finn rubs his eyes and shudders. "I can't let you go, Kye. But I don't want to pass this opportunity up. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. If I can get into the force, then I can get transferred to the Water Police and I can help change things in the Ocean." Finn groans.

Kylie lays next to him and wraps her arm and leg over his body. "I understand." That is all she can let out.

"I can't let you go, Kye." Finn sobs. Kylie holds back her tears and assures him. "I'll be here when you are finished with training Finn. No one can replace you, Finn. I'll wait." Kylie tells him.

Finn wipes his eyes, catches his breath, and looks at Kylie. He kisses her closed eyelids. And she sighs. "No one can replace you either Kylie. Merman and Mermaid bonded forever Kye." Finn kisses Kylie on her lips this time. Kylie opens her eyes after he kisses her.

"Bonded forever." Kylie smiles. "Forever," Finn says back. "I love you." Kylie runs her hand through Finn's hair. "I love you too Finn."

"So how long will you be in training?" Kylie asks as she traces his abs through his white see-through shirt.

A small shiver of pleasure runs through him from her hands on him. He runs his hand through her hair and kisses her forehead. "I'll graduate in June as planned and then I'll immediately go into the Traning Academy for about 3 months," Finn explains.

"That's too soon and too long Finn." Kylie's voice cracking. Finn leans up and pulls her closer to him.  "I know. But I know we can do it." Finn assures her as he places her leg over his body again.

Kylie shakes, holding back her sobs. Finn rubs her back soothing her. "Please don't cry, Kylie. I don't think I would be able to stop crying if you start crying." Finn says.

Kylie wipes her face and traces his jaw with her finger. She pulls his full lips toward her mouth and presses hers against his passionately.