CHAPTER 45: Break In! Part 4

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Tuesday, July 11, 2023

 The tall lanky figure adjusts their black ski mask and bares their sharp pointy teeth. "It's none of your business, you land-dwelling Mermaid wannabe." The intruder snarls at her. Kylie flinches.

She gets a glance at the person's eyes. Their large lime green eyes. And ultra-thick black eyebrows almost covering the top of his eyelids. Despite the baggy black hoodie and the baggy pants; She can tell it's a guy. The way he spoke to her and the way he carried himself was a giveaway.

"You are much more alluring than he described." The intruder says, stalking his way toward Kylie. "Looks like he already stole your vow to God." The stranger looks down at Kylie's legs and cackles loudly.

Kylie backs up a step, her thoughts going a mile a second. Her chest tightens as she comes to a conclusion.

She looks down at her legs and she whimpers as she sees red liquid running down her legs.

She backs up a couple of steps, closer to the hallway. She looks at the stairs to her right. She could make a run for it, but she can't leave Nick.

Kylie looks to her right and slowly takes a few steps toward the stairs, hoping he'd follow her so she could tell Nick to go through their secret escape.

He looks around and eyes her closet. "Is someone hiding?" His eyes rise curiously. He slowly walks toward the closet door.

"Stop!" Kylie screams as she runs back into her room. The man turns around and winks at Kylie. "You know. Former Maiden of The King of the..." The man's eyes widen. He shakes his head and scratches his arm. He keeps glancing at Kylie and back to the closet. "Why ello' there mate."

Within a second, the man zooms into Kylie's closet and opens it up. Nicholas stares at him in horror.

"You step away from him right now." Kylie's voice shakes, as she ignores the pain in her legs and the blood running down her legs.