Chapter 32: Seventh Addition! Part 2

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 5, 2020 UPDATED: AUGUST 1, 2020 5:39 PM

Quicker than Kylie realizes, Finn is standing next to her grabbing her hand. "So do we, but that doesn't make us friends." Kylie growls. "Seriously guys!" She says frustrated.

Evie sighs exhausted. "Exactly what I was thinking. You guys are worse than petty prissy cheerleaders." She rolls her eyes. That causes Kaylee to laugh. Brian smiles at the sound of Kaylee's laugh, missing it. He hasn't heard her laugh for a long time. He also hasn't hung out with her for a while either. Kylie and Nicholas also smile at Kaylee. Kaylee looks at them and shrugs. "What are guys looking at?" Kylie looks at Kaylee and chuckles. "It's been a while since I heard you laugh."

"Same here." Evie says. "It's a little relieving to hear someone laugh. There has been too much chaos and stress going on lately." Evie says cleverly avoiding all the attention to focus on Kaylee. Nicholas nods. "It's so true. And I wish it was all over with this Kleodora woman. She's......" Matt shushes him. "Remember that we aren't mentioning her." He says.

"Didn't you cloak this place already?" Finn asks him. Matt sighs. "Yes, I did. I'm an idiot for not remembering." "Yes, you are." Finn mumbles under his breath. Matt scowls at him. For a second Finn forgot about the Super Hearing. "Sorry." He says plainly. Matt nods and looks at Nick. "I also can't wait till we find a plan to fight Kleodora." Evie backs up, her eyes wide. "Who said we were fighting her." Her face suddenly turns white.

"I think we all agreed to that." Matt looks around at everyone. They all nod agreeing. "We all agreed to think of a plan to find out what she was up to; not fight her." Matt tilts his head feeling sorry for Evie's fear. "We were going to do both." Evie sighs. "I just wanted to have a normal life when I moved here. But I guess that's not happening. And I guess I'll have to step down as the costume designer for the play." She sighs frustrated. "Because apparently, I'm a freakin' Mermaid!"

Matt looks at her and shakes his head. "You won't have to do that." He looks at Kylie. "None of us have to drop out of the play or stop our other activities. Just act normal." Kaylee chuckles. "Plotting to defeat an evil villain isn't exactly normal." Matt nods. "I know." He says.

Kylie's chest starts to tighten, remembering that Matt auditioned for Prince Eric. Finn looks at Matt. "You are part of the play?" He asks curiously. He nods at Finn. "I auditioned for Prince Eric." Kylie looks at Finn and realizes his face is turning red. "I also auditioned for Prince Eric." He says glaring at Matt.

"Oh, crap," Kaylee exclaims. Brian looks at her confused. "Huh?" Kylie looks at Brian. "I auditioned for Ariel." Brian gaps. "Well, this is interesting." Matt looks at Brian. "More like complicated Double Bonding." He says as he rolls his eyes annoyed. He sighs and scratches his head.

Finn and Kylie look at Matt confused. "It's a complicated situation." Matt huffs. "Remember when I mentioned that we all share a connection?" Matt asks. Finn looks at Matt, then to Kylie. Matt smiles at her for a moment, before Finn realizes, he shifts his gaze to the group. "You never said we all shared a connection." Kylie says annoyed. Matt hesitantly looks back at her. Trying not to get lost in her soul. "I didn't say that exactly. But I have said things that have gravitated toward an unusual connection." Brian looks at Matt, then to Finn and Kylie. "You have. And you and Finn are always arguing or glaring at each other if you aren't trying to hit on Kylie." Brian says inquisitively. Kaylee, Evie, and even Nicholas look at Matt. "Are you in love with my sister too?" Nick steps away from Evie and closer to Matt.

Matt's gaze shifts away from Brian. He feels a lump in his throat. "I can't exactly answer that unless Finn answers the same question first. He's the one who is dating her."

Kylie can feel her face heat up with embarrassment and her heart drops to her stomach. Before she can get a word in; Matt looks at her. "I'm sorry. I know you aren't officially dating, but we all know you two are more than just friends." He says. Kylie hears the hurt in his voice. And feels his emotion. Love. That's the only way she can describe it. A warm fuzzy and tender feeling when you look at someone you deeply care about.

Brian looks at Kylie. "Are you okay?" He asks her. Kylie wipes a tear from her face. Finn looks beside him. "Hey. Are you crying?" She shakes her head. "No." She sniffles. Finn leans over her and lifts her chin up and wipes another tear off her face. "Yes, you are. Why?" She shakes her head. Finn notices that she's not looking at him, she's looking at Matt. Finn looks at Matt and rolls his eyes. He stands straighter and sighs. A moment of silence pasts when Kylie's anxiety lessens and she speaks up.

"I think I know what Matt means when he said there is a connection between us." She sniffles, as she holds back from crying. Finn looks at Matt. "I think I know now also." He says, looking at Matt. A sigh comes from Brian and Kylie. Finn and Matt look at Brian. "I think I do too." Brian says.

"Ughhh. Is it a thing only Mer-People can figure out, cause I have no idea what's going on." Kaylee says annoyed. Nicholas looks at Kaylee. "If you look at their expressions and pay attention to how they all act around each other; you'd know." Nicholas pointedly looks at Kaylee. Kaylee looks down at her pink sequined flats. "You're right. I'm always too caught up in myself to notice things around me." She looks up and suddenly realizes what is going on. She gasps. "Oh no!" She covers her mouth with her hand and winces. She lowers her hand. "Sorry, I just figured it out." She looks at Evie. Evie chuckles. "It's okay."