Chapter 41: Great Expectations! Part 3

FIRST UPLOADED: September 3, 2021, 2:10 PM

Kylie grunts. "So many things to think about. And so little time." She says as she reaches for her water bottle. It shakes as her hand is inches away from it. She, along with everyone else stares at it shocked. She shakes her head. "I don't know." Kylie says confused, her voice hoarse. She shakes it off and reaches for it again and the bottle moves farther away from her. "What the heck!" She exclaims as she puts her arms up in protest. Jakobe and Brian smirk at each other. She looks at them and scowls. "What?" She reaches for her bottle again and it shoots toward Kaylee. Kaylee quickly grabs it and pushes it toward Kylie. "Here. Apparently, they are messing with you." Kaylee looks at Jakobe and Brian. Nicholas and Evie chuckle. But Kylie rolls her eyes. "Seriously guys?" Kylie says as she reaches for the bottle one last time and the bottle cap flies off, causing the water to sprout through the top like a fountain.

Kylie quickly raises her hands above her head and she freezes the water. "What the hell?" Evie exclaims. Kylie looks up and sees the frozen water fountain above her. She looks around her quickly and grabs the water bottle and shakes it. "It's completely frozen." Kylie stares at it in utter confusion. "Did I do that?" She looks at Brian. He nods. "You did. And I wasn't pushing the water away from you either. You also did that." Brian smiles at her. "Seems like you got new powers Kye." Evie smiles. Kylie lays the frozen water bottle on the table and sighs. "That's not a good thing." Kylie sighs exhausted. "I'm sorry." Nicholas grabs his sister's hand and smiles at her. "At least you have us in case you need someone to talk to." Kylie nods. "I guess you are right." Brian nods. "And I can always train you if want me to. That is if Finn is okay with it." Brian shrugs. Kylie looks at Kaylee. Brian looks at Kaylee's wide eyes. "And if you are okay with it." Brian nudges her and smiles. Kaylee's face flushes, causing her freckles to turn pink. "I reckon it would be okay." Kaylee says, looking at Kylie. "I finally understand this Mer-Folk thing isn't anything romantic between you two." Kaylee finally admits.