CHAPTER 53: Tides Have Turned! Part 2

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, JULY 21, 2023

Monday April 9th,2018(2 months,4 weeks, 11 days.)

( 1 month,3 weeks, 10 days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 4 weeks, 7 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 16 days(2 weeks, 6 days)

———After school hours; Kylie is in the Marin Biology lab while waiting for Drama practice to start.

She managed gently remove one of her scales from her tale and brought it to school.

"So I place it on this." Kylie says as she carefully places the dark and dried scale on the Microscope with twezers.

She adjusts the settings in the Microscope; grabs a dropper and dips it in to water and slowly adds a small amount of water onto her Scale.

Kylie stares at it as it transforms into the same exact color as her very familiar Aqua Blue tale.

"That's remarkable." A voice causes her to drop the dropper. She turns around and sees the Marin Biology substitute staring at the Microscope. Kylie quickly moves in front of it, blocking the woman's view.

"It's nothing." Kylie lies, hoping she didn't see much. Kylie glances down at the floor and notices water dripping off the counter.

Kylie's eyes flash open in worry as she quickly steps away from the water.

"It's just a little bit of water. Are you afraid of water?" Ms. Amard smirks at Kylie.

Kylie shakes her head as she turns around and wipes the water up with a thick towel nearby. "No. See." Kylie says as she lays the towel to the side of the Microscope.

Ms. Amard stares at Kylie, causing Kylie's chest to tighten. A small unpleasant chill runs down her back as the substitutes Blue-green eyes are piercing at Kylie.

"Are you looking for somehting or someone?" Kylie says, filling the tense silence.

Ms. Amard's lips purse. "Not exactly." She looks at the water droplet on Kylie's hand. Her eyes shoot open. "But perhaps I have came across something I may be nterested in." The creepy woman says as she locks eyes with Kylie.

Kylie feels a cool sensation on the back of her leg. Her eyes widen. "So what would that be?" She asks nervously as she tries to find a way to get her away from her before she grows her tail.

Ms. Amard's expression changes. "That Science experiement silly." She chuckles as she points at the Microscope.

Kylie slowly turns around and scoffs. "That?" Ms. Amard nods. "That's something I found on the beach yesterday. I have no idea what it is. But it's kinda weird." Kylie says cooly.

Ms. Amard's head tilts at Kylie and the Microscope. "Maybe you take me to the beach where you found that thing and we can go on a diving expedition to find more rare items." She offers Kylie.

Kylie bites the inside of her cheek to keep from screaming. "I am too busy to do that right now. I'm soryy. The play and my studies have been eating my free time." Kylie lies.

"Perhaps it wouldn't be a great idea for you to be distracted from your schooling." She says glaring at Kylie.

Kylie shifts uncomfrtobally as she stares at her. She silently wonders to herself why her tail hasn't appeared yet.

Kylie shakes her head and Ms. Amard smirks at Kylie. "Especially since I'll be your substitute until the replacement for Mr. Rites gets over his terrible cold." Ms. Amard explains. "I'll be giving more homework to keep your grades up." She says to Kylie.