Chapter 20: Town Unknown! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; Jun. 6, 2020, 2 PM)  

              "This is ridiculous! We can't be saying that there are mythical creatures in the world!" Kaylee whispers shockingly. Jakobe shrugs as Brian shakes his head. Brian chuckles. "I'm shocked you heard anything we said considering you were texting the entire time." Brian rolls his eyes. Kaylee's eyes shoot open at Brian. "FYI. My mom is going on about how awesome her new boyfriend is and I'm trying to be there for her." She shoots hastily at Brian. Brian puts his arms up defending himself. "I'm sorry. It meant to be a joke." He recoils back. Kaylee looks sheepishly at him and mumbles. "Sorry." Kylie and Nicholas look at each other annoyed. "I still can't believe dad is dating Kaylee's mom." Kylie rolls her eyes. Kaylee looks at Kylie and huffs. "I wish his daughter wasn't you." She says. Nicholas chimes in. "Yeah! I wish our dads girlfriends daughter wasn't you and I know Kylie thinks the same thing." He says angrily. Kylie blinks shocked. She's never heard that much anger and hatred come from her brothers voice before. She laughs a little, then she holds her hand up to him when she notices that he's about to say something else. "It's fine Nick. You can calm down." She says calmly. Brian speaks up. "Why can't you guys stop your feuding?" He asks sincerely. "Brian has a good point." Kylie chuckles. "Maybe. But why can't you and Finn stop feuding? And Kaylee and I aren't feuding. We just don't like each other. That's it." Evie shrugs. "I don't really want to get in the middle of anything. But, I'd have to agree with both of you. Kylie and Kaylee, you guys will have to get along since your parents are dating." She says looking at her friend. Jakobe smirks. She then looks at Jakobe. "And you and Finn need to stop your hate too. Actually ALL of you guys need to tolerate Finn and stop constantly talking about him. He has been there for Kylie multiple times when we couldn't or when....." Evie clears her throat. "When we were too busy." She says upset. "I'm sorry again that I didn't text after you and Jacob broke up." She apologizes. Kylie nods and smiles at Evie. "It's okay." Nicholas shrugs. "Evie has a point. We all just need to get along." Jakobe laughs. Nick looks at him sternly. "Sorry. How you said it, it sounded like it was off a corny movie." He laughs. Nick shrugs. "But I suppose you are right Nick."

    "So we all agree we all need to get along and be nice to Finn. So what about the weird things on Moanie Island." Kylie says. She's been trying to figure out how and why she was transformed the day it happened. She's learned more about the island, but no new information about how people even would turn into a mermaid. "True. I really don't know what's up with that island. It's seriously strange." Kylie nods in agreement. "You don't have to tell me that twice." She says. Nicholas, Brian, and Jakobe look at her sympathetically. "Sorry Kylie. I wish I knew more too." Brian looks at her and smiles. Kaylee is the first to look at them and she huffs. "Of coarse you care more about her." She mumbles. Evie looks at Kylie and Brian curiously. "What's going on?" Kaylee rolls her eyes. "Nothing. I just wish we could find out more about Moanie that's it." Kylie lies. Brian looks down at his food trying not to make eye contact with Evie. If he does, he might not be able to keep Kylie's secret. He's not good with other people's secrets.

"Ummmm.....Okay." Evie looks at Brian and Kylie confused. She looks at Jakobe and Nicholas. "Am I missing something? You guys all got weird when Brian     told Kylie he wishes he knew more too." Nicholas' eyes widen. "Ummmm. No. He just meant..." Nicks face reddens as the looks at his sister hoping for her to help him out, but she's texting someone on her phone. Jakobe looks at Nicks face. "I think they may be remembering their experience on Moanie and they are still freaked." He speaks up. Kylie looks up from her phone. "Jakobe, don't cover for me. They need to know. Jacob found out the day we broke up and he hated it. And Finn even knows too. And Evie and Kaylee deserve to know if they are a part of this table." Nicholas gasps. "Sis! Are you sure you want to tell them?" Jakobe and Brian look at Kylie in shock. Kylie quickly sends another text. Brian looks down at his phone. He lets out a sigh of relief that Kylie is keeping him out of it. But he'll eventually have to tell Evie and Kaylee about him too. Especially if he ever gets the courage to ask Kaylee out.

"Okay guys what's going on?" She asks looking at Kylie. "I've been keeping a secret from you two and I need to tell you." She points at Evie and Kaylee. "Well more like show you." Kylie says softly. Someone clears their throat behind Kylie. Kylie's chest tightens and she whips her head behind her to see Finn standing there smiling at her. She lets out a sigh. "Oh it's just you Finn." Finn's brows crinkle. "Just me? I thought you'd be happy to see me." Kylie smiles. "I am." She reaches for his hand and guides him to sit on the other side of her. Jakobe glares at Finn as he sits down. Evie and Brian look at Kylie and Finn. Finn leans in and whispers to Kylie. "Are you really going to tell them?" He asks. Kylie nods. "My brother, Jakobe, and Brian all already know. Evie needs to know and I guess Kaylee needs to know also?" She says. "We need to know what Kylie? You are hiding something aren't you?" Kaylee chuckles. "I knew you were. And that's probably why Brian is always protecting you. Because you probably forced him to keep your secret." Kaylee leans forward. "So what is it? Do you have a kid? Did you burn a bible because a gay person touched it? Or are you gay and you couldn't stand God's word staring back at you?" Kaylee says quickly. Everyone's mouths drop at her accusations. She looks at Finn. "Did you cheat on Jacob and that's why you broke up? Is that why Jacob hates Finn? Because you cheated on him with... " Kaylee snarls at Finn. "Him." She growls. Kaylee then laughs and looks around and frowns when no one else laughs.

"KAYLEE!" Jakobe yells at her. "Why would you say any of that? She wouldn't do that?" Jakobe shakes his head disgusted by Kaylee. Nick crosses his arms upset at Kaylee. He knows that Kaylee is a mean girl and shows it upfront, but never expected her to say anything like that. "I didn't expect you to say anything like that Kaylee. I thought you were better than that." Brian looks at Kaylee upset. "Me too." Finn shakes his head angrily. Kylie feels his handshaking. She looks at him sympathetically as a tear rolls down her cheek. Finn's expression changes suddenly when he sees her face. His face relaxes and his hand squeezes Kylie's. He whispers to her. "Don't listen to her. She doesn't know you as I do. No one believes her anyway." He says reassuringly. Kylie smiles.

Kaylee sighs. She wipes a tear off her face. She looks up at Kylie and sees Kylie looking down at her food. She watches as Finn is gently rubbing her back and talking to her. Kaylee takes a better look at Kylie and sees a tear on Kylie's face. Nick tries to console his sister with the help of Finn. "Are you okay sis? She shouldn't have said that? I don't think she meant any of it?" Kylie nods. She wipes her tears off her face. "I don't think she meant it either, but for some reason, I can't stop crying." Finn pulls her in toward him. "It's okay. She's a bitch and isn't aware of what she says to people." Kylie chuckles. Kaylee's jaw drops open. "I am not!" Finn looks at Kaylee sternly. "Then why did you say any of that to my girl..." He stops mid-sentence realizing that Kylie hasn't told anyone that she and him were dating yet. And they haven't even had their first date yet. Everyone looks at Finn in shock. Kylie lifts her head up quickly. She parts from Finn and wipes her eyes. She looks at her hands and is glad she didn't wear any eye makeup. She wipes her hand on her skirt and looks at Finn. Nicholas and Evie both look at Kylie with the same look. A look of concern.

"Kylie." Evie looks at Finn and Kylie curiously. "Are you guys dating?" She asks softly. Kylie stares at her plate in silence. She wanted to tell them but didn't know how they'd react. By Kylie and Finn's silence; Evie looks at them. "Why didn't you tell me you two were dating? I told you I actually like Finn. You could have told me Kye." Kylie takes in a deep breath and looks at Finn. Finn smiles encouraging and looks at Evie and nods toward her. "It's okay." Kylie. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner. We didn't know what you guys would  think." Kylie says softly. "Yeah. I'm sorry. I know you guys aren't fond of me, but I really care about Kylie, and like I said the other day at lunch; I'd like for all of us to get along." Finn says looking at Jakobe and Kaylee. Jakobe shrugs. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to let you sit with us. You have been there for Kylie a lot and we appreciate it very much Finn." Nicholas smiles at Finn and nods. "We really do. But you and Jakobe have to stop fighting." Jakobe and Finn nod in agreement. "Agreed." They say in unison. Kylie looks at Kaylee. "And you have to stop calling Finn names and talking about him in front of me."  Kaylee rolls her eyes. "Whatever. I guess you are happy and your dad does make my mum happy. So I'll tolerate him." Kylie smiles. Kaylee puts her hand up. "Only because you are part of this circle and my mum is serious about your dad. If things were different, I wouldn't tolerate either of you." She hastily says and crosses her arms.